CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

The sky is the limit for Marvel now. This whole release strategy may be the most brilliant and lucrative endeavor in film history. It's unprecedented.

Looks like that's what Disney wantsesss it for their brand spanking new Star Wars franchise as well. Pixar's doing it! Marvel's doing it! They're thinking why not LucasFilm.. I'm hopeful for this strategy actually. Crossing fingers it's well executed, with character-driven solo SW films after SW7 that culminates into SW8 just like Marvel with Avengers. Wishing Kathleen Kennedy all the luck!

Looks like that's what Disney wantsesss it for their brand spanking new Star Wars franchise as well. Pixar's doing it! Marvel's doing it! They're thinking why not LucasFilm.. I'm hopeful for this strategy actually. Crossing fingers it's well executed, with character-driven solo SW films after SW7 that culminates into SW8 just like Marvel with Avengers. Wishing Kathleen Kennedy all the luck!

I think SW may not work that way. As it was first introduced in 1977, the story already revolves around Luke, Han & Leia with Obi Wan and the goofy robots along for the ride. The individual characters of THE AVENGERS have their own story outside the Avengers storyline, some way before. Cap'n America appeared some 20 years before THE AVENGERS.

And it is the "worth of a ticket" argument. Audience knows full well SW is a full package. They will not buy ticket to a Han Solo Jr movie, a Luke Jr movie, a Chewbacca movie when they know they  should get 3-in-1. It is the Wallmart culture. Whereas Iron Man, Cap'n & Thor even Hulk have their own separate fan bases.

Then again, who the hell am I? Disney can sell anything anyway they want.

I remember TA did $447 million OS in the 2nd weekend.

IM3 clearly outgrosses TA by a pretty good margin. 

It even outgrosses TA WW figure by almost $40 million.

This should be a nice surprise for Disney.

Edited by zackzack

No full market breakdown yet?

You mean this?:

IM3 Int'l leader board: CHINA - $63.5M KOR - $42.6M UK - $38.3M MEX - $35.8M BRA - $30.1M OZ - $28.4M FRA - $27.8M RUS - $21.7M

STID is nonexistent OS. On one cares about. FF6 wont come in 3 weeks.

ST has gained a large fanbase OS in the last few years..Dvd, cable ect ..This wil atleast double the last.. Maybe more

China $63.5M, Korea $42.6M, United Kingdom $38.3M, Mexico $35.8M, Brazil $30.1M, Australia $28.4M, France $27.8M, Russia $21.7M, Italy $17.4M, Japan $16.4M, Taiwan $15.1M, Philippines $12.3M, Indonesia $10.6M, Hong Kong $10.5M, Malaysia $10.5M, Germany $10.5M, other markets $113.8M.

• Like 1