CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

800OS looking likely. Who would've thought that before release? WW title looks to be locked up for the year.

It's only in the middle of May, this is TA all over again. So boring  :D  :P

Iron Man 3, released outside North America through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International, overtook the $657m final tally of Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone to become the 14th highest-grossing international movie of all-time. It has rocketed to $95.3m in China, $54.1m in South Korea, $48.3m in the UK, $42.2m in Mexico, $37.6m in Brazil and $37.4m in Russia. The superhero saga stands at $34.8m in France, $33m in Australia, $20.7m in Japan, $19.2m in Italy, $17.9m in Taiwan, $17.4m in Germany, $14.5m in Indonesia, $13,8m in the Philippines, $12.7m in both Hong Kong and Malaysia, $11.4m in India, $10.6m in Spain and $10.5m in Argentina.

• Like 3

No numbers from Singapore? These movies are usually successful there.

Maybe they only report the $10m+ countries, and IM3 hasn't gotten there yet in Singapore. Judging from last week number, it's probably really close.

Btw, $14.5m in Indonesia is higher than I thought! I know I said no competition for 3 weeks, but it turns out a local movie that was just released here surprised everyone, including me. Multiple screens in cineplex, long lines and sold out shows everywhere, It's stealing the buzz from IM3. Already the biggest local movie this year in just 4 days. It's a comedy based on a best selling book about the author's love life, starring himself. I should've known. Movies based on best selling books always succeed here.

But apparently IM3 is still doing great. And considering it's already the biggest movie of all time by far, I'm still very happy. :D

• Like 3

800 os is now a lock B)

if would be stupidity on part of disney ,if they don't bring back RDJ for atleast 2 more IM movies :rolleyes:

people just love him :wub:

Most fans would agree, but Marvel does have that crazy ass Ike at the helm so who knows what will happen. Seriously, Bob Iger needs to grow a pair and rein that guy in before his insanity ruins Marvel.

I agree. That Marvel boss(es) sounds like they think they can replace anyone in their movies at any time. Problem is they are making too many movies (two~three every year) that people will get confused and pissed and eventually just dumb them if they frequetly replace the characters.

If there is anything that could destroy the Marvel Empre at this point, that would be their own self-conceit. What can make one thing can also bury it.

Edited by firedeep

800 os is now a lock B)

if would be stupidity on part of disney ,if they don't bring back RDJ for atleast 2 more IM movies :rolleyes:

people just love him :wub:

Maybe he doesn't want to do it, or maybe he wants too much money?. He was interviewd on BBC news the other morning and he didn't seem very interested in doing anymore iron Man when asked the question but he could just be trying to get more money.

Avengers effect in its full force guys here in Poland as Marvel movies haven't been big here at all before, but it's changed. :wub:Iron Man 3 opened with 235 000 admissions for a 4 day weekend. It has already surpassed both IM1 and IM2 and stands for almost a half of what the Avengers made throughout whole run, as far as ticket sales are concerned.

Edited by Ajde
  • Like 3

Avengers effect in its full force guys here in Poland as Marvel movies haven't been big here at all before, but it's changed. :wub:Iron Man 3 opened with 235 000 admissions for a 4 day weekend. It has already surpassed both IM1 and IM2 and stands for almost a half of what the Avengers made throughout whole run, as far as ticket sales are concerned.

I said it to you : Poland will change too and will love these movies! :P

Edited by Iron Fullbuster
  • Like 1