CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Be patient, Russia and China were very small markets 10-15 years ago. Given its economic growth I think Indonesia will be an important market in 10 years :)

If I think about it, until 2 years ago, the biggest movie of all time was 2012 with $6.6 million. Now that movie is #7 on the all-time list, and the #1 movie (The Avengers) made almost twice its number. By the end of this summer, 2012 will probably be pushed out of the top 10, and there might be a new #1. So the market IS growing quite fast. You're right, I just have to wait. :)

• Like 1

Europe is always a problem lol ...

I wasn't expecting big jump from IM2 in Europe but Asia and LA were my calling card but unfortunately China has let me down. Seriously, if they're not going make even playing field why even bother importing Hollywood movies.

I wasn't expecting big jump from IM2 in Europe but Asia and LA were my calling card but unfortunately China has let me down. Seriously, if they're not going make even playing field why even bother importing Hollywood movies.

Because of WTO. But they are allowed to protect indigenius films. Nothing wrong with that. Local films cannot compete with 200M budget blockbuster with similar marketing budgets in the social networking era. So if they dont want any hollywood film close to a major holidays that is their proregative.

What I am not happy about is SARFT forcing major hollywood blockbusters to release together to limit their potential. Like they did with TDKR and TASM. At least IM3 will release close to WW release date and will still have no competition.

Because of WTO. But they are allowed to protect indigenius films. Nothing wrong with that. Local films cannot compete with 200M budget blockbuster with similar marketing budgets in the social networking era. So if they dont want any hollywood film close to a major holidays that is their proregative.

What I am not happy about is SARFT forcing major hollywood blockbusters to release together to limit their potential. Like they did with TDKR and TASM. At least IM3 will release close to WW release date and will still have no competition.

So Young is 150M dollar competition. Plus it now got the May release which sucks because it'll miss the holidays in China. Absolute bullshit by SARFT.