CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

The reason has moved on. It is now that the powers behind So Young are trying hard to stop IM3 getting a competitive release date. You know, such things always happen in China.

What happened to Looper last year in China is exactly happening to IM3 another time. It is all over again.

Man, I'm so done with China. This is bullshit. :angry:

• Like 1

It'll hurt it if it misses the holidays. Lots of people will go to the movies for the May Day holiday and those same people aren't likely to see another movie just a week or two later. That's why it needs to come out on the 29th or earlier, ideally on the 26th so it can still get evening viewers before the holidays (this Saturday/Sunday are working days and the holiday runs Monday-Wednesday). If it comes out on the 3rd or 4th, it still won't have any Hollywood competition until Oblivion on the 10th, but it'll have missed the best possible date. Fast Six won't be out until late May or possibly June.

Edited by Bob Violence

hmm. I dont think week or 2 will hurt it. But if they force it to release with another biggie like Fast six with fewer screens it will be impacted for sure. Fantastic number from korea. Will it beat avengers there.

How do you see IM3 passing 50 mill just based off pre-sales?

It'll hurt it if it misses the holidays. Lots of people will go to the movies for the May Day holiday and those same people aren't likely to see another movie just a week or two later. That's why it needs to come out on the 29th or earlier, ideally on the 26th (this Saturday/Sunday are working days and the holiday runs Monday-Wednesday). If it comes out on the 3rd or 4th, it still won't have any Hollywood competition until Oblivion on the 10th, but it'll have missed the best possible date.

Totally agree. May 3 is terrible date.

And May 3 will be very close to May 10 Oblivion actually. Then several other big movies within another two week.

It will be released here in Indonesia in 2 days and the hype is HUGE! Everybody I know is planning to see this. We can buy tickets one week before its release date, and they are selling really fast. Pre-sales are common in other countries, but not here. It's extremely rare. The IMAX shows for Saturday are nearly sold out too. I think it could be the 2nd movie ever to cross $10 million, after The Avengers. All time record is possible as well, considering it has zero competition for 3 weeks until Star Trek.

It's kinda unfair to Star Trek though. IM3 has 3 weeks for itself, while Star Trek has only one, before FF6 cuts its legs. And then FF6 has 2 weeks before MoS. I want them to move Star Trek a week earlier so it could get more room to grow legs. Anyways, bought the tickets for IM3, can't wait to see it! :D

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

It will be released here in Indonesia in 2 days and the hype is HUGE! Everybody I know is planning to see this. We can buy tickets one week before its release date, and they are selling really fast. Pre-sales are common in other countries, but not here. It's extremely rare. The IMAX shows for Saturday are nearly sold out too. I think it could be the 2nd movie ever to cross $10 million, after The Avengers. All time record is possible as well, considering it has zero competition for 3 weeks until Star Trek.

It's kinda unfair to Star Trek though. IM3 has 3 weeks for itself, while Star Trek has only one, before FF6 cuts its legs. And then FF6 has 2 weeks before MoS. I want them to move Star Trek a week earlier so it could get more room to grow legs. Anyways, bought the tickets for IM3, can't wait to see it! :D

The long term potential of Indonesia is big given it has 250 million inhabitants! More than Brazil and Russia.

Just realized it should open quite big this weekend and then have strong week days as its the May day holiday and then you have another weekend.

I think an X factor is overseas buzz is solid, it will increase the buzz or hype.