CJohn

Frozen OS thread

DISNEYNow in its eighth weekend of overseas release, Frozen glided to an extra $24.6m from its 52 territories for an excellent $426.5m to date. The animation recorded the second best animation opening of all time in Korea with $8.9m and is already the third biggest Disney-Pixar animation release in the territory. Its next key opening comes in China on February 5th.

Current Worldwide gross = 759M

Further gross from DOM = 40M

Further gross from SK = 20M

Further gross from rest of the markets currently playing = 50M

So that's around 870M from current markets. Maybe it will get 80-90M from China, Japan and Sweden for 950-960M finish.

Chances for 1B are very slim. For that to happen, legs need to be exceptional and China and Japan need to break out.

I wouldn't say 1B is "very slim"

If most calculations have it at 950, it only needs a bit more from somewhere to cross the mark.

Domestic earnings should be more than 40 million, for instance. Japan could break out and earn more, too. Other markets could fluctuate.

I'd say 1B isn't likely, but it's not especially slim, either.

It's probably more a concern whether it tops DM2 both DOM and WW. That's what I'd like to see.

Current Worldwide gross = 759M

Further gross from DOM = 40M

Further gross from SK = 20M

Further gross from rest of the markets currently playing = 50M

So that's around 870M from current markets. Maybe it will get 80-90M from China, Japan and Sweden for 950-960M finish.

Chances for 1B are very slim. For that to happen, legs need to be exceptional and China and Japan need to break out.

Sweden 15m, China 30, Japan 60m. Others 15m. 990M. 

With evitable re-release DOM, 1B is just a matter of time.

Very disappointing. That 23M OS minus SK week should have been its weekend instead.

Bye bye billion.

lol,disappointing? An original movie is going to gross 960-980M WW so disappointing would never be part of my vocabulary when describing Frozen or it's run.  :P  :lol:

• Like 1

Sweden 15m, China 30, Japan 60m. Others 15m. 990M. 

With evitable re-release DOM, 1B is just a matter of time.

Mmmmh, in Sweden 15 milion? isn't it too much for a "small country"? 

I think: Sweden 10 millions, Japan 70m and China almost 50 milions! :)

Edited by BuffyfanIT

Fell only 8% in UK. Over $56m now, should have no problem hitting $60m.

Proud to have contributed  ^_^

Lol if anything, the word "disappointing" can't be associated with Frozen's run in any way. It has been overperforming like crazy!1B or not, this has been a spectacular run.

Hence why I think it was silly to start expecting $1B in the first place, means some people can start throwing the 'disappointing' word around, which is ridiculous. It's already outperformed everyone's expectations, all the extra numbers it gets now are just kind of a bonus to me. 

• Like 2

Mmmmh, in Sweden 15 milion? isn't it too much for a "small country"? 

I think: Sweden 10 millions, Japan 70m and China almost 50 milions! :)

Some films do make 15M in Sweden, and Tangled already made 8M, so it's possible.

Some films do make 15M in Sweden, and Tangled already made 8M, so it's possible.

Are any of those films animated though?

I checked a few random animated movies like Toy Story 3, Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me 2 and Tangled. Tangled had the highest total of those, with 8.13m , which is why I put my Sweden prediction at 9m for Frozen.

• Like 2

Are any of those films animated though?I checked a few random animated movies like Toy Story 3, Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me 2 and Tangled. Tangled had the highest total of those, with 8.13m , which is why I put my Sweden prediction at 9m for Frozen.

Frozen is doing more than 20% better than Tangled in Norway and Denmark so I think $10+ M. is possible. But $15 M. is too much IMO

Are any of those films animated though?

I checked a few random animated movies like Toy Story 3, Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me 2 and Tangled. Tangled had the highest total of those, with 8.13m , which is why I put my Sweden prediction at 9m for Frozen.

Ratatouille and Ice Age 4 made a little more than Tangled, but I agree that your prediction is reasonable. I was just saying that it is possible in the sense that the market can support such numbers. I wasn't predicting 15M, It's more likely to make 10M.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1