CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

Domestically, I don't know if this will do well. It has been a while since the forgettable second KFP, and this series will most likely have the typical 3rd movie drop. I could see it doing <150 stateside, possibly even 140.

Domestically, I don't know if this will do well. It has been a while since the forgettable second KFP, and this series will most likely have the typical 3rd movie drop. I could see it doing <150 stateside, possibly even 140.

I wouldn't call KFP2 forgettable. Still yeah I see a decrease in domestic performance.

Typical 3rd movie drop like Mad3 and IA3...

Well...the second one dropped due to being in the same weekend as Hangover 2. Pretty competitive month for a sequel that had too much competition.

But.....i just honestly can't see this going lower than KFP2, especially with nothing strong going against it.

And MAD 3 didn't have that 3rd movie drop....it had rather a bump. Not all threequels drop, you know?

And with legs and WOM....i can't see it not getting big numbers again.

This film is DW's only great hope if the studio can survive again.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Well...the second one dropped due to being in the same weekend as Hangover 2. Pretty competitive month for a sequel that had too much competition.

But.....i just honestly can't see this going lower than KFP2, especially with nothing strong going against it.

And MAD 3 didn't have that 3rd movie drop....it had rather a bump. Not all threequels drop, you know?

And with legs and WOM....i can't see it not getting big numbers again.

The Hangover 2 and KFP2 don't really share the same audience

• Like 1

Many of the kids that liked 1 and 2 are teenagers now, and will not be spending their money to see this movie. I just don't think this has sticking power

Umm....IA3 & MAD3 says hello.

It still has the four quadrants. Not just from kids, but from families, teens and even the fans as well who loved the series.

I think this movie is way too underestimated.

And i think this one will break records in China.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I honestly have no idea if it'll do better or worse than KFP2. Will audiences still care enough after 5 years?

I think so....that didn't stop MAD3 after 4 years.

And even MI4 after 5 years. Those 2 films still increased despite the 4-5 years of waiting.

And i think it will do better this time around.....there's no other big blockbuster sequel in January. Only KFP3.

Legs and WOM will carry this thing.

Look at how dead January and February is. Families are gonna want to see something with their kids. And KFP3 is no exception.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

I think so....that didn't stop MAD3 after 4 years.

And even MI4 after 5 years. Those 2 films still increased despite the 4-5 years of waiting.

And i think it will do better this time around.....there's no other big blockbuster sequel in January. Only KFP3.

Legs and WOM will carry this thing.

Look at how dead January and February is. Families are gonna want to see something with their kids. And KFP3 is no exception.

This really was greenlit for OS gross... not DOM.

I see $150 million DOM, $1 billion OS. 

• Like 1

This really was greenlit for OS gross... not DOM.

I see $150 million DOM, $1 billion OS. 

True. :) True.

But we have to keep in mind...and i always say this when it comes to movies like this...is it's WOM and fanbase. And the marketing needs to shape up for KFP3, if they want a $200M DOM grosser, which is possible.

And also they have 3 more sequels after the third one...which i doubt they could keep dropping.

$150M DOM...is somewhere around "Over the Hedge" or "Megamind" numbers. :(

Sneak peek: 'Panda 3' amps up bear count

Kung Fu Panda Po (center) finds out he's not the only panda alive in 'Kung Fu Panda 3.' In fact, it's Panda-palooza as he hangs out in the cool springs. "There's intense rejoicing, I'm reunited with my people," says Jack Black, who voices Po.

I745hXz.jpg

Po meets his long-lost panda father Li (voice of Bryan Cranston, right) in 'Kung Fu Panda 3.' Says Jack Black, "Li is the master of chilling, of having fun."

N2ew4qJ.jpg

Mei Mei, voiced by Rebel Wilson, makes a powerful appearance in 'Kung Fu Panda 3.' Says Black, "She's super into ribbon dancing and a funny, creative panda."

beCwjYK.jpg

• Like 2

The story sounds kind of flat- like TV episodish.

Not sure anymore what the focus of this franchise is supposed to be, and it just seems to have fallen into a trap and it can't get out of it. 

Family, just like going overseas is an awful reason to have a sequel and when it heads there, the franchise is probably in terminal decline.

Not sure I have much hope left for this. 

• Like 1

I think it sounds a bit more generic than then other two, actually reminds me of HTTYD2

Dragon 1 was generic since the beginning.

The story sounds kind of flat- like TV episodish.

Not sure anymore what the focus of this franchise is supposed to be, and it just seems to have fallen into a trap and it can't get out of it. 

Family, just like going overseas is an awful reason to have a sequel and when it heads there, the franchise is probably in terminal decline.

Not sure I have much hope left for this. 

Now that you mention TV, this franchise has a TV series that started right after the second movie and that could be hurting the "potential" this threequel could have. Some people think the TV series damaged HTTYD 2's grosses.

• Like 1

Dragon 1 was generic since the beginning.

Now that you mention TV, this franchise has a TV series that started right after the second movie and that could be hurting the "potential" this threequel could have. Some people think the TV series damaged HTTYD 2's grosses.

Come to think of it, The penguins of Madgascar had a TV series too...