CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

I was actually a big KFP2 supporter. In the same vein as HTTYD2 it was nice to see Dreamworks take risks with their sequels and develop the characters further instead of telling the same story again or spinning their wheels (Shrek, Madagascar 2).

I could see this outperforming the sequel with a February release. It has the month to itself. Even Spongebob with poor legs for an animated film made it to 160m. 

• Like 3

I was actually a big KFP2 supporter. In the same vein as HTTYD2 it was nice to see Dreamworks take risks with their sequels and develop the characters further instead of telling the same story again or spinning their wheels (Shrek, Madagascar 2).

I could see this outperforming the sequel with a February release. It has the month to itself. Even Spongebob with poor legs for an animated film made it to 160m.

I agree with you on several points.

One of the reasons why KFP2 was beloved by many people is of it's heart and emotions...including a well written script. Some of DW's sequels have taken risks of making their characters more relatable and more interesting. They develop their characters.

And there has been some DW sequels that were well received by critics as well.

Shrek 2: 89% RT

Kung Fu Panda 2: 81% RT

Madagascar 3 79% RT

How To Train Your Dragon 2 92% RT.

I can also see this one owning February for itself. Especially on Valentines Day weekend.

WW-wise, i can easily see this doing over $1B WW. With China as an advantage.

• Like 1

Yup. To each his own.

We all have our own opinions and such. I know you didn't like it and I can understand that.

But...I really adored it. It's my favorite of the Madagascar series so far.

It only gets a pass because it has con the partiró in it.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was such an improvement over the one, so this will stay in same Madagascar 3 ballpark.

More like 230-240M domestic for KFP3.

By the hand of god......this is the exact similar DOM numbers i've been thinking here.

Madagascar 3 was also pretty underestimated by many people who thought that film would do $140-150M DOM and not only that...Prometheus (the r-rated prequel to Alien) was gonna be number 1 over MAD 3.

But it ended up being the other way around. MAD 3 kicked Prometheus's butt. And it was released in the summer which may have been arguably more competitive.

I could see KFP3 being leggy in February. Especially during Valentines Day weekend.

It's a threequel....of course people will show up for it.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

By the hand of god......this is the exact similar DOM numbers i've been thinking here.

Madagascar 3 was also pretty underestimated by many people who thought that film would do $140-150M DOM and not only that...Prometheus (the r-rated prequel to Alien) was gonna be number 1 over MAD 3.

But it ended up being the other way around. MAD 3 kicked Prometheus's butt.

I could see KFP3 being leggy in February. Especially during Valentines Day weekend.

It's a threequel....of course people will show up for it.

Absolutely agree.

• Like 2

But still a ton of money OS. Something JA or Tomorrowland aren't going to be able to brag about :P

There's no doubt Panda3 will be fat again in overseas earnings.

The problem is domestically, where it could decrease even more :ph34r:

There's no doubt Panda3 will be fat again in overseas earnings.

The problem is domestically, where it could decrease even more :ph34r:

Great WOM will not let this one decrease... :rolleyes:

Don't be a pessimist ninja, basing the decrease of your opinion and hate. :P

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Great WOM will not let this one decrease... :rolleyes:

Don't be a pessimist ninja, basing the decrease of your opinion and hate. :P

It hasn't even been released yet. How could it even have great WOM yet? It could actually be poor for all we know.