CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

Ice Age would be a great choice for Christmas, especially since FOX likes releasing family movies every December.

Plus, Ice Age has a loose tie into the winter season. Fox does seem to like the December period for family films, too (NATM3, Dinosaurs, Alvin series, Parental Guidance, NATM1, Marley and Me, Narnia 3, Cheaper by the Dozen 1 and 2, Fat Albert) 

• Like 1

Hmm, this being a weak year they might have a shot at a nom were they to do a limited rollout early

I agree it would have a shot at a nom, but I disagree about this being a weak year. 

Edited by Empire Out

Let me put it this way: The fifth best wide release movie this year doesn't look like it would hold up with the fifth best movie of most years.

True, but I think this year will be really top heavy with Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and Peanuts all hopefully being excellent films. I think they could be better than the top 3 of most recent years(2011 on). 

Edited by Empire Out

We're talking Best Animated Feature right? You don't think this is going to get a BP nom do you?

Yeah, that is what we are talking about. At least I think so. :P

Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 1

They're not going to do a limited release for an animated feature nom. What would be the point?

Marketing? It would have a better chance of being recognized this year than next. They could just screen it in one theater in LA before the year ends to qualify.

Marketing? It would have a better chance of being recognized this year than next. They could just screen it in one theater in LA before the year ends to qualify.

Marketing for what? It's not like the nomination is going to generate increased business.