BK007

Peter Jackson wants to split Hobbit 2 into 2?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/is-peter-jackson-really-hinting-at-making-a-third-hobbit-movie/You know, I like Peter Jackson. I mean, from what I can remember I loved the Lord of the Rings franchise and King Kong. Like, really loved.But, honestly?I don't actually care about the Hobbit at all unlike everyone else who seems to be pumped up it's coming out. It's a prequel about the ring and Frodo's uncle or something right? Why do I care what happened between Bilbo and Gollum when I know the story after? Yeah, anyway, so this, first of all this is the first of three fantasy franchises blatantly copying the Harry Potter route of splitting, but does it want to become the only one (though I wouldn't put it past the shitty Twilight Saga and even the Hunger Games if Mockingjay falters or does splendid in part 1) to actually split into another film?Star Wars prequels, anyone?What a joke.Alright, so instead of giving the audience a movie or making a movie, let's stretch it out to as long as we can to try and get more money.Transformers 4tress: Attack of the DecepticonsTransformers 4tress Pt. 2: Shia LaBeouf returns for $Transformers 4tress Pt. 3: "I won't direct Transformers anymore" Michael BayTransformers 4tress Pt. 4: Rise of Optimus ("I'll finish this sextology" Bay)Transformers 4tress Pt. 5: The RockTransformers 4tress Pt. 6: Merchandising MonsterTransformers 5 (2025) OMG WHO THE FUCK CARES, FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD. :blink::ph34r:

I thought that LOTR should of been split before HP ;)And it was not really HP that started it. Not even the Matrix. Heck BTTF was not the first either.It was.....Three Musketeers (1974)

What wickedness have you wrought, Harry Potter???DH1/2BD1/2Mockingjay 1/2Now this?Looks like Nolan and WB missed the boat. I want my The Dark Knight Rises Parts 1 and 2 please. Let's fleece--I mean squeeze as many films as we can out of these finales! :stirthepot:

What wickedness have you wrought, Harry Potter???DH1/2BD1/2Mockingjay 1/2Now this?Looks like Nolan and WB missed the boat. I want my The Dark Knight Rises Parts 1 and 2 please. Let's fleece--I mean squeeze as many films as we can out of these finales! :stirthepot:

Potter came out first but The Hobbit was the first to announce a split.

A third Hobbit film would be very hard to achieve now that shooting is already done. They already have a set vision for 2 films. If they want to change it into 3 films, this will mean new contracts, more money and possibly a delay. I mean this is not something that can be done while post production is in full swing for the first one that gets released in 5 months.

• Like 1

It's fine if he wants to film some more footage to add to an extended edition, which I would of course buy, but splitting the 2nd film in two would be a very bad idea. I don't think it's going to happen.

SOmething magical seemed to happen to Peter Jackson about 80% of the way into ROTK where he suddenly morphed from an awesome director into a God Awful one.I have resigned myself to seeing the The Hobbit films as well you never know he may have got his mojo back, but if he's returning to the philopshy of why make a 3 hour film when I can make a 17 hour film that adds nothing extra to story...I may just decide to give the whole thing a miss.

• Like 1

I enjoyed all 3 LOTR movies but that's because PJ made ONE movie that was split into 3. FOTR flowed seamlessly into TT which did the same for ROTK. I can only hope we experience a similar harmony among all 2 or 3 Hobbit movies and it doesn't feel forced.

• Like 1

SOmething magical seemed to happen to Peter Jackson about 80% of the way into ROTK where he suddenly morphed from an awesome director into a God Awful one.I have resigned myself to seeing the The Hobbit films as well you never know he may have got his mojo back, but if he's returning to the philopshy of why make a 3 hour film when I can make a 17 hour film that adds nothing extra to story...I may just decide to give the whole thing a miss.

The extended cut of RotK makes it the best of the trilogy. Its a very different film. The theatrical release of RotK felt cut down due to time, and even that version was already extremely long.I doubt The Hobbit gets split into 2 movies, but if they really wanted to, it could be done. All these books are fucking massive not just because they're thick, but because of all of Tolkien's mythology. Edited by Shpongle