Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

And I'll tell ya: You know how I said this would get a WWW Thread if this was under 170M??? Well, if this happens, I'm withdrawing that from consideration out of just common courtesy.. This is terrible foliks, just terrible.. :sadno:

Wow, how magnanimous of you.
  • Like 1

If this affects BO, it won't just be DKR, it will be every movie.

Exact. I'm done. I've paid for three movie tickets next weekend but I'm out. Nothing is worthy of running this kind of risk. We need a change in the security of not only America, but all shopping malls. I expect this to have a precedent on how people can get inside shopping malls and movie theaters from now on.

Good on ya. This is a terrible thing, and discussing the negative effect on the movie from a victorious stand-point would be despicable.If this never happened and it were to open under 170, I'd be in full agreement with you that it failed. But now...I'd be suprised if it did more than DH2, to be honest...

I have to agree. This is isn't the right time or place for BKB to be claiming a victory, especially under these circumstances. I am depressed at the new. Edited by CloneWars

People are panicky and understandably irrational after things like this. Suddenly there's a huge stigma associated with being in a crowded theater this weekend.

Its not just that. People go to the movies to escape reality and to HAVE A GOOD TIME. There's surely a lot of folks who won't be able to enjoy themselves sitting in a movie theater this weekend. You can't have fun and enjoy yourself if the first thing you think of is a massacre when you walk into a theater.
  • Like 1

I seriously don't understand why people should avoid cinemas in mass. If you're afraid to go to a theatre, because one lunatic's killing spree then you better never ever leave your house. Who's to say that a crazy person won't shoot you in a shopping mall? Or a drunk driver going off the road and hit you. Are you telling me that you can prepare for events like this? No. It can happen anywhere and anytime unfortunately.

• Like 1

I know. But look at what people are saying. It's like they are living in a bubble.https://twitter.com/.../realtime/#TDKR

It's still the middle of the night. People who stay up that late usually don't watch the news and mainly stick to their group for on-line discussion, so it's harder to get the word out until the morning...

It does kind of damper my plan of what I planned to do this weekend. I wanted to see Beasts of the Southern Wild on Sunday. Kind of iffy about it now. But I want to do it because I am not afraid, I'm angry! :batey: