Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I understand that this is a tragic event and that precious lives were lost but don't act like some of you are so sensitive now just cause this happened here. If this happened in Afghanistan for instance 95 percent of you wouldn't give a fucking damn.

Because Amwrica's supposed to be safe, a bastion of safety against something like this. Use your brain a bit.

I understand that this is a tragic event and that precious lives were lost but don't act like some of you are so sensitive now just cause this happened here. If this happened in Afghanistan for instance 95 percent of you wouldn't give a fucking damn.

Right, and when a dozen commercial fishermen, farmworkers, or other good men working in the private sector are killed, you really care, right?No, you don't.Dude, stop posing. None of this effects any of us, unless our family or friends happened to be among the victims. We're far more likely to lose loved ones to car accidents, cancer, or other things than this.(FYI: Of the ten most dangerous jobs in the U.S., all 10 are in the private sector. Being a cop isn't even close to one of the most dangerous jobs in the U.S. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/radley-balko/police-fatality-statistics-2012_b_1619725.html)

Now watch people use the event when box office numbers come out. If they are record breaking people will say the movie was affected by morbid curiousity, if it won't break records people will say the situation affected the Box Office.

• Like 4

Now watch people use the event when box office numbers come out. If they are record breaking people will say the movie was affected by morbid curiousity, if it won't break records people will say the situation affected the Box Office.

Yeah, this is pretty much a given now. Just like with Heath Ledger for TDK.

Dude... seriously. GROW THE FUCK UP. Show some decency here.

And all those other shootings didn't shake that perception?

It did, I'm jus explaining why everyone went batshit cray cray at this. Sad thing is in a few months no one will even remember, and we'll be setting ourselves up to repeat the cycle.

And just like that event, the effect is not something to dis-considered. Ledger added to the box office, this will detract. There's simply no way of twisting this around so it helps the BO.

I agree. In fact I made a similar comment before.

NBC just reported a brief meeting with the murderer's mother. Should get the interesting details of the psycho soon. Of course, ultimately, it's like Chris Rock said, "What happened to just plain 'Crazy'?" He's just crazy. But it is interesting hearing the background of these people, still.

Nobody would do that. It's a different situation. For good or bad. For heaven's sake, people. Yes this is a box office forum, but use this thing to justify a good or bad performance at the box office is pretty fucking meaningless at this point. And point me out to the fuckers who do that and I'll personally dedicate myself to curse the fuck out of them.

No offense to any victims, but I'm already sort of over it.

Human lives have lost their value, that such horrific event occurs and people are over in few hours. :( :( :( Edited by druv10

Dude... seriously. GROW THE FUCK UP. Show some decency here.

Well he right. It's been 60 pages, I think people can begin to discuss what effect this will have on box office without other arbiteurs of good taste shooting them down.