Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

cochofles

Member Since November 12, 2011 at 08:31 AM

Offline Last Active Jul 20 2012 06:22 AM

Her profile says 6:22 AM last activity... that must be well after the shootings, no?

It depends where you are. I've seen her the last time online at 12pm EST, then she was gone, probably for the movies. The clock for the boards change depending of the location. Where do you live?

TDKR will still be a big blockbuster, but just not as big as some people might have expected because this massacre will of course have a bad impact.And I still don't understand why a six year old can visit a midnight show in the USA (dead now). Or that a woman with a three month old baby goes to watch the midnight premiere (dead now),But that doesn't belong here. i just don't understand it.

Me either. Or that a six year old is seeing that movie in general. Water under the bridge though, I suppose.

The thing is, crazy people are everywhere. We've had snipers outside grocery stores, gunmen in our schools, our shopping malls, everywhere.But these acts of violence are rare to the extreme.I feel terrible for all those affected by this.But I'm still going to go to the movie theater, I'm still going to the grocery store, the mall, and I'm still going to go to college.I'm not going to hole up inside, paranoid that I'm going to be shot all the time.

I do agree that it's silly to become paranoid over events like this. 9/11 was something truly catastrophic and even then I felt most of the paranoia was unjustified. Most of the time all you can do is live your life and hope you'll be alright. Things like this are rare and extreme and can't be stopped typically. I'm not gonna be afraid to go to the movies or midnights now just cause of this. I will say it does feel a bit more potent though when it hits this close to home.

The deaths are obviously heartbreaking, but it's also sad to think that this guy will be a celebrity within the next 24 hours. He'll get exactly what he wanted, his infamy.

:( This is NOT the reputation I wanted TDKR to have. Now in the future, instead of looking back at a great end to a trilogy people will think of this tragic event.

Depends how it plays out in the news. Outside the US it'll be a non-story by tomorrow.

Do you have cochofles twitter or Facebook? She also lives in Denver.

No, we're not exactly tight knit on this board but as the only other person from CO I know of on here I certainly hope she and all her loved ones are safe and I'm interested in her take.

To anyone interested, Jessica Hetfield last post on wordpress:

Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting

I can’t get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm‘s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.

I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.

I feel like I am overreacting about what I experienced. But I can’t help but be thankful for whatever caused me to make the choices that I made that day. My mind keeps replaying what I saw over in my head. I hope the victims make a full recovery. I wish I could shake this odd feeling from my chest. The feeling that’s reminding me how blessed I am. The same feeling that made me leave the Eaton Center. The feeling that may have potentially saved my life.

Rest in peace, angel. <3

The deaths are obviously heartbreaking, but it's also sad to think that this guy will be a celebrity within the next 24 hours. He'll get exactly what he wanted, his infamy.

Not necessarily. Most indications are that he thought he was going to escape and get away with it. (The bulletproof vest, concealing his identity, etc.)

Apparently he burst in through the emergency exit, and there may have been no security there.

One account I heard said that the gunman kicked the emergency exit door in from outside after tossing smoke bombs in the front of the theater. Then he calmly marched through shooting people as they fled in terror. He is one sick bastard.