Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

The AVX showing I just went to was at maybe 80% capacity at most, which both TA, and DH2 sold out completely.Just a random fact, but I've seen the movie three times now, and I've cried everytime, never done that,

Edited by riczhang

My thoughts exactly.My Dad was in Germany when 9/11 happened and when he flew back everyone was nervous. You're kidding, right? If someone tries to pull off such a scheme again EVERYONE is going to nail them before they even get a slight bit of a chance.

I was young then, but my parents were in New York that day, and I remember crying my eyes out, as they couldn't be reached. Wouldn't let them board an airplane, or go to New York for months, (Not that I stopped them or anything)

I can't believe there's still people who think this will break the OD record after what just happened....it made only 30.6m at midnight and there was a massive shooting where 71 were shot. Anything over 80M would be fantastic!

So we won't get an official estimate? Makes sense given the situation I guess. I still think walkups, particularly from families, will be effected so anything over 180m would be great in my book. And, having seen it, it's a bleak film. This is not the kind of movie you see to cheer yourself up.

Picked up my Sat tix just now.Theater worker told me, its selling on par with the Avengers, sold out for a few shows tonight already (This particular theater does not get sellouts ever, never seen one). He said the presales were so massive that there wasn't a lot of walkups, but business is basically even with TA.

The times for my local theatre:

(UltraAVX)

12:30 PM (~80%) | 4:10 PM(~85%) | 7:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:30 PM (6 seats left out of ~450)*

(CC)

12:05 AM (Friday) - SOLD OUT | 12:05 AM (Friday)(~99%) | 11:30 AM(~65%) | 2:40 PM - SOLD OUT | 3:10 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:30 PM -SOLD OUT | 10:40 PM(~95% already)*

12:00 PM(~65%) | 3:40 PM(~90%) | 7:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:00 PM(~90% already) *

At this comparable point in time, TA had sold out every single one of its shows.

*: The staff member I talked to said that these are projected to sell out within the hour.

I stumbled across a REALLY horrible spoiler. Maybe I misread it, but dear God...what the fuck, Nolan?

DON'T READ SPOILERS NOCTIS!!! Or anybody for that matter. If you stay away from reviews, you stay away from spoilers. Why risk ruining the movie or going in with a bias?

I can't believe there's still people who think this will break the OD record after what just happened....it made only 30.6m at midnight and there was a massive shooting where 71 were shot. Anything over 80M would be fantastic!

I agree it is dead. it will have serious impact on walk ins.Weird that while this will affect its domestic BO negatively, it will actually help its OS BO big time. Awareness will shoot big time in markets where it was low key.Anyway I dont care much at this point. It was a great film and this tragedy ensures there are bigger things in life than BO.

The times for my local theatre:

(UltraAVX)

12:30 PM (~80%) | 4:10 PM(~85%) | 7:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:30 PM (6 seats left out of ~450)*

(CC)

12:05 AM (Friday) - SOLD OUT | 12:05 AM (Friday)(~99%) | 11:30 AM(~65%) | 2:40 PM - SOLD OUT | 3:10 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:30 PM -SOLD OUT | 10:40 PM(~95% already)*

12:00 PM(~65%) | 3:40 PM(~90%) | 7:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:00 PM(~90% already) *

At this comparable point in time, TA had sold out every single one of its shows.

*: The staff member I talked to said that these are projected to sell out within the hour.

That still looks solid, though.