Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Pretty sure Nikki has access to Rentrak or whatever the system the studios use is. So she should post an update.

No she wouldn't have access, all her info comes from others and as mentioned before WB could block access to everyone if they desired very easily at this point stick with 80m see how its going later

Fair enough. I'm just a bit leery of folks that put TOO (IMO only of course) positive a spin on a film. In another thread I point out that the sound mix seemed a bit muddy at points with the score drowning out dialogue in a few instances. And 2-3 people immediately jump to the film's rescue for what is very slight criticism. Believe me the sound issues are the least of my problems with this film.

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment one way or the other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as everyone has a different perspective, and different likes/dislikes.Was just curious. Carry on.

Being happy for TDKR losing to TA when you know very well that real-life death and tragedy is part of the reason for it?

I dont know that and neither do you.I spend the last 24 hours talking and praying for the victims. I asked Baumer to make a tribute.And last i checked this is a movie site where movies are being discussed.

No she wouldn't have access, all her info comes from others and as mentioned before WB could block access to everyone if they desired very easilyat this point stick with 80m see how its going later

Thank you sir....And there's your answer gentlemen.

Or it could be because TA was a more entertaining movie and have nothing to do with the shootings.

Yeah, now you're just being a troll. At this point, there is zero controversy that the shootings negatively impacted box office. There is absolutely no other reason to TDKR to sell fewer tickets during the day than TDK.

RTH....

Several places, Variety, Nikki, posted AFTER WB said they wouldn't report numbers. Doesn't that suggest that info was still available?

Also Nikki added this:

"However, the numbers will still get out because Rentrak reports grosses all through the weekend. So reporters like me will know how The Dark Knight Rises is doing."

Fair enough. I'm just a bit leery of folks that put TOO (IMO only of course) positive a spin on a film. In another thread I point out that the sound mix seemed a bit muddy at points with the score drowning out dialogue in a few instances. And 2-3 people immediately jump to the film's rescue for what is very slight criticism. Believe me the sound issues are the least of my problems with this film.

You are leery of people proving you wrong? I even agreed with your issue and said it ran perfect in imax. U mad bro?

'Dark Knight' Shooting: In Gesture of Sympathy, Studios May Not Report Box Office Grosses This Weekend

Warner Bros. said late Friday afternoon that it wouldn't report weekend grosses for The Dark Knight Rises out of respect for the victims of the shooting, which occurred during a midnight screening of the film in the Denver suburb of Aurora.

Throughout the evening, other studios began indicating they would refrain from reporting grosses as well over the weekend. Ditto for Rentrak, the service that collects box office data from theater owners across the country.

Full Story - www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dark-knight-rises-shooting-no-box-office-report-352717

Edited by TLK

This no numbers thing is driving me crazy, I think I'll call around and see if anyone knows anything. Doubtful, if rth doesn't have it yet, doubt I'll find something even if I call a studio.

Yeah, now you're just being a troll. At this point, there is zero controversy that the shootings negatively impacted box office. There is absolutely no other reason to TDKR to sell fewer tickets during the day than TDK.

I'm just already seeing a theme forming. If TDKR does well it will be DESPITE the shooting. If it under performs it will be BECAUSE of the shooting. I think the more likely scenario is that it eventually settles to where it belongs no matter what happens. I understand that the 'quality box office predictions' take everything into account, but I think we're focusing on the effects of the shooting more than the potential quality issues with the film itself at this point. But maybe it's too soon...quality probably doesn't impact OW all that much anyways. But being a film buff of sort I always want to rush to the 'is the film any good' discussion ASAP.

No she wouldn't have access, all her info comes from others and as mentioned before WB could block access to everyone if they desired very easilyat this point stick with 80m see how its going later

Thanks for info Rth. You are a gentleman and a scholar.