Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Interest not there. Please. That is utter crap.

Obviously there is interest, it is going to be the second biggest opening weekend of all time. But not the feverish interest that TDK had because of the Joker and Heath.

There is no way to prove it one way or the other but the Heath/Joker effect had a huge say in this. TDK had a 3.4 multiplier. That's unheard of coming off an opening weekend. The interest in this just isnt there, not at that kind of a level.

This.

No lighting in bottle this july.

Could the movie be too depressed/dark for people's taste this summer?

• Like 1

I'm very mixed on the film, but this is heartbreaking. No film deserves to have its box office lowered because of an act of a lunatic. I'm really hoping this means its opening weekend is going to be deflated.

Watch it drop 35-40% next weekend :ph34r:

Obviously there is interest, it is going to be the second biggest opening weekend of all time. But not the feverish interest that TDK had because of the Joker and Heath.

And you're saying the shooting had no effect?

Could the movie be too depressed/dark for people's taste this summer?

Then that wouldn't be helped by the shootings I'd imagine.What a disappointing number if true, its pretty obvious now the shootings had an effect.

Okay, maybe $550M maximum with great legs and great 2nd weekend.

It would need better than a 3 muliplier to get that. 2.5-2.7 is where I think it will land.

And you're saying the shooting had no effect?

Not much.There was a shooting on Reloaded's first weekend. 3 or 4 people died then too. Did anyone use that as an excuse as to why Reloaded didn't open higher? Nope. And the reason they didn't is because it already opened pretty high. If Avengers had not done what it did, a 170-180 OW would be considered good. Now your expectations are completely out of what because another film did 200 mill OW aided by 3D.

No he is absolutely right and the legs of this movie will shock many people (in a bad way) .

I think business for theaters will be at an all time low for the next few months after the massacre. It'll take BD2 for things to return back to normal.:(