Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

So I just left the insurance place, getting a new policy on my truck. I was talking about the movie with my brother and the insurance agent asked "was it good?" I said "it was incredible". Insurance agent's response: "you weren't too scared to go watch that movie after that stuff?" I said "not at all." He just sighed. Then he tried to give me some outrageous price, that hack fuck. Anyway, it's having an effect, obviously. Firsthand. It made me pretty disheartened, actually. That the media sensationalizes and feels the need to point at something/someone for a story.

*Shrug* I think it's had a pretty noticeable impact. I simply can't imagine a Batman film doing 77 million off a 30m midnight. 85m, sure. I don't think the film was poor for WOM to have had that kind of effect throughout the day. Which leaves, the demand simply wasn't there and it burned out a lot of demand after midnight. But looking at the demographics of the Dark Knight, it just doesn't strike me as a film that would skew so heavily towards midnight that it would do sub DH2 numbers outside of the day.

What were you doing seeing Magic MIke last night with TDKR out?

I saw TDKR on Thursday night. And I'm comfortable with my sexuality so I opted for MM last night.It was almost sold out, too. Same couldn't be said for some TDKR showings (though MM was on one screen and TDKR was on seven). Edited by Gopher

It is still very early on the East Coast but from what I am seeing (small sample size) matinees appear to be weaker than either THG or TA. It will need good evening walkups to get anywhere close to 50 million.

I saw TDKR on Thursday night. And I'm comfortable with my sexuality so I opted for MM last night.

It was almost sold out, too. Same couldn't be said for some TDKR showings (though MM was on one screen and TDKR was on seven).

Posted Image
  • Like 1

hmm

overall in Canada TDKR should be up from Friday however it was quite depressed here yesterday...

I think the shooting is having an impact.

The AVX shows and the Imax shows are going all full and those would be bought by fans and such.

Its the normal shows that are lacking.

As of now the downtown theaters are doing really well.

matinees appear to be weaker than either THG or TA.

Its like the King of Saturday lol

No Point Comparing to that

Edited by Lordmandeep

Who the hell are you to criticize a parent for bringing their six year old to the theater? Informing the manager, too? Plenty of six year olds are well behaved. I could take my six year old cousin to a midnight showing and she'd be perfectly fine.

HELLO? Parents should not be bringing a 6 year old or 6 month old to a movie. Maybe take a 6 year old to Winnie The Pooh and a G or PG movie but BATMAN? NO Parents these days are idiots. I don't want to hear a little kid at a movie. I pay $10 bucks to watch and experience a movie not to listen to a kid yell and scream.
  • Like 1

I saw TDKR on Thursday night. And I'm comfortable with my sexuality so I opted for MM last night.It was almost sold out, too. Same couldn't be said for some TDKR showings (though MM was on one screen and TDKR was on seven).

Oh, you're gay too? Had no idea. I was just wondering why anyone on this forum (outside of a few select individuals cough, cough) would go see any other movie than TDKR. How was mike?

hmmoverall in Canada TDKR should be up from Friday however it was quite depressed here yesterday...I think the shooting is having an impact.The AVX shows and the Imax shows are going all full and those would be bought by fans and such.Its the normal shows that are lacking.As of now the downtown theaters are doing really well.

Is this Toronto? Because Vancouver is looking par if not down a tiny bit from yesterday.

Now on the coverage... BREAKING NEWS: Identity of 7th victim revealed to the media.I gotta stop watching this shit. They are interviewing survivors, probing, exploiting for every last drop. And this is a "serious" network... sigh.

This incident has been a field day for the media...massacre by a seemingly intelligent individual at a highly anticipated event. It's exploitative journalism at the finest...news networks only dream about stories this enticing. They'll make it into a circus as long as possible.