Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

WTF? It completely collapsed! :o

Yeah, it's not gonna do much more than 250m because of that now. Too bad, because it was looking good for 265m + which I think would be ok.

Most likely not, Expendables 2 is still a month away, this will have died down a bit since then.I don't really think this shooting has had as much as an effect as most people think. I think this just shows that Batman isn't very big without the Joker. Even the last film with the Joker was by far the biggest. Plus, then of course you had heath ledger's death and the fact that TDK was an excellent film.

If it falls below 170M the impact is undeniable. Before the shooting WB was expecting 170M and studios always lowball. Disappointing I have to repeat basic tenets of box office analysis to blind haters. :rolleyes:

So I had thought, If movie theaters begin to permanently have security and metal detectors, would that mean that movie ticket prices would increase because they would probably charge us a "security fee"? Similar to airline tickets and their "9/11 fee"

So I had thought, If movie theaters begin to permanently have security and metal detectors, would that mean that movie ticket prices would increase because they would probably charge us a "security fee"? Similar to airline tickets and their "9/11 fee"

No chance this happens. The kneejerk reaction to a tragedy like a shooting is greatest immediately after the event. See VTech, Columbine, etc. The event will be mostly forgotten within a few weeks.

Movie tickets are already too expensive, that extra fee would suck some major ass.

If it falls below 170M the impact is undeniable. Before the shooting WB was expecting 170M and studios always lowball. Disappointing I have to repeat basic tenets of box office analysis to blind haters. :rolleyes:

Studio predictions don't mean anything, nor does tracking. They're not always reliable. I'm stating the facts as I see them, and if that makes me a "blind hater", then so be it.

Having seen it I honestly think it would have dipped hard on saturday even without the shooting. It`s a different movie from TDK. Kudos to Nolan for not making a bigger version of the same but I cna imagine it isn`t what people expected it to be. It wasn`t what I expected it to be despite seeing all footage etc.

I think over time people are going to like it more.It is kinda like ESB to ROTJ. ROTJ is different from ESB.

Studio predictions don't mean anything, nor does tracking. They're not always reliable. I'm stating the facts as I see them, and if that makes me a "blind hater", then so be it.

Yes, you are a blind hater because you have no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya

WB tells me they expect $165-170M debut for #TDKR. So u know it will be higher. All-time list: http://bit.ly/LmGpEz

Even BR increased Batman 89 OW. 4 batman films have beat the OW number.I do not understand why is batman the one hero where people care more about the villain.