Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Thank you for that. The caps lock finally allowed me to hear your point in a reasonable manner.

Well you keep making the same circuitous arguments that people have to disprove 20 times in a row for you to acknowledge them.

BR = $45 mil; B = $40 mil three years prior. I wouldn't call that handily. And the reviews for Batman were good - not great. Certainly not the universal acclaim of TDK.

Reviews weren't nearly as strong as TDK, but it was very well liked by audiences at the time, including myself.It didn't blow past the record but there was no doubt that Returns sold more tickets than 89 by a noticeable margin OW. I'm saying that with inflation + the extra # of tickets BR sold over 89, that should have put TDKR in the range of 180 million or so at least, even if the film doesn't have the Joker. Edited by MrPink

IM2 is incredibly forgettable. Half of it is tablesetting for Avengers and you can feel how disinterested Faverau is.I have high hopes for IM3 because Shane Black is awesome and RDJ was at his best in Avengers. I'm worried about Kingsley though because the villains in this franchise have been seriously lightweight.

Mandarin is Iron Man's archenemy though. Really the only good villain he has.

Evidence in favor of the shooting's impact-Tracking in the 180s-Presales well ahead of The Avengers and every other movie except DH2 and Twilights-Almost unprecedented goodwill from TDK-Everyone and their mom is talking about the shooting and associating it with this movie-Record-breaking business in JUST ABOUT EVERY COUNTRY EXCEPT THIS ONE-30M midnights do not lead to 47M in day business for a comic book film.-The movie's failing to meet even BKB's prediction-Sellouts were accelerating at a breakneck pace UNTIL THE SHOOTING.-Walkups are almost zeroEvidence that "our expectations were too high"-...no Heath Ledger...Give me a break. You guys don't have a leg to stand on here.

Half of what you list is not backed up and the other half is your opinion.
  • Like 2

I don't think its heading to that much of a drop off either. My original prediction was 465. I'm sticking with that.

Matter of semantics here - I would consider that pretty substantial. With the universal goodwill from TDK + the good reviews of the TDKR I was thinking $500 million was the floor.But if you do agree that the shooting will hurt its run - albeit by not as much as others here think - why are you sticking with $465?

Well you keep making the same circuitous arguments that people have to disprove 20 times in a row for you to acknowledge them.

I believe the arguments are fairly sound logically, but as is the case when discussing anything that people hold strong personal opinions on, differing thoughts are quickly processed as incorrect regardless of the merit. Fair enough. I won't argue the IM2 point anymore as I can't change your mind and you likely cannot change mine.Back to TDKR discussion.

77.246.538161.7Ok, maybe 170 is too high.

Baumer, notfabio said Saturday sales are well behind DH2. TDKR could miss 40M today so it's not even a guarantee that it beats TDK and that alone shows weekend as whole has been deflated.

I said early Friday that the shooting and media constantly linking it to Batman would be like a nuke went off against the film. With Bane's terrorism in the film featured in the trailers, this is a film least prepared for such a horrific association to a real life act of terrorism.

• Like 1

Half of what you list is not backed up and the other half is your opinion.

Where do you live? Because if it's not in the United States you too fall into the category of being completely out of touch with how huge of an impact the shootings are having on its ow/box office. Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

Baumer, notfabio said Saturday sales are well behind DH2. TDKR could miss 40M today so it's not even a guarantee that it beats TDK and that alone shows weekend as whole has been deflated.

If it misses $40m today i'll agree the shootings had a big effect. But it's not gonna miss it, no way. $45m at least.
  • Like 1