Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

They need WOM which this movie has, they need closure which this movie gets, the only reason for lower OW is people are hesitant in going THIS weekend . It doesnt mean they will not see it at a later weekend. You think people who wanted to see TDKR will just ignore the movie until Blu-Ray/DVD?

It may detract the casual audience at this point in time. The hardcore Batman and Nolan fans will have seen the movie regardless, but others on the fence will be faced with greater choices in upcoming weeks with TBL, TE2, etc...the film will undoubtedly lose some of this casual business. I just can't see a single scenario where the maximal gross of the film doesn't go down a bit from ideal conditions. The OW multiplier may see a slight bump though. Edited by nAlkaline

"I haven't read all pages, but I remember that it was said cochofles when to the screening in Colorado, or something like that. Did she make it out of there?"She is fine"They need WOM which this movie has, they need closure which this movie gets, the only reason for lower OW is people are hesitant in going THIS weekend . It doesnt mean they will not see it at a later weekend. You think people who wanted to see TDKR will just ignore the movie until Blu-Ray/DVD?"YesI think what will happen is many people will skip out on the film all together.I think it will get to 400+ and maybe 500 million but TDK gross is out of the question.

Anyone who wishes a film to do poorly like SO many here make me sick. I don't even believe in karma, it's just very negative thinking.

I'm sure you have movies you wish had done less, which makes you a hypocrite.Having said that, breaking $400m is not doing poorly.

It may detract the casual audience at this point in time. The hardcore Batman and Nolan fans will have seen the movie regardless, but others on the fence will be faced with greater choices in upcoming weeks with TBL, TE2, etc...the film will undoubtedly lose some of this casual business. I just can't see a single scenario how the legs get improved.

TBL and TE2 greater choices? They will pick even more violent movies over TDKR?

I feel sorry for Nolan and the crew, but I'm laughing at his fanatical online fanbase that trashed Avatar for months on end when it came out and crashed the websites of respected critcs with death threats and insults who didn't like TDKR.Pay backs a bitch!

You're just sad. Sad.

That is just for his or her theater. Nationwide, clearly the TA was selling or close to selling out a majority of its day shows.

At my theatre ticket sales for TA was flat for Friday (Minus midnights), Saturday, and Sunday, as it sold out every seat in every show. Dollar grosses varied a bit. But generally was around ~110K a day.

No, BB still takes it. This one might be better than TDK for me. Third act slaughters the 3rd acts for first two films.

It's good to hear you weren't let down, you are after all, the biggest Batfan on the board. Don't you think iJack is gonna hate it, lol? First thing I thought once I logged on to the boards.

I am still pissed as hell. And right as the box office was recovering. Seriously after the Lorax's OW, then THG's OW, then TA's OW, it was obvious that the film industry was officially booming. But then this BS had to happening. It had to f***ing happen.Holmes deserves torture. He hurt lives and emotions and is now hurting the economy. What a sicko.

Anyone bringing out the fanboy-related buzzwords at this point is just revealing themselves as an opportunistic troll.

Are you fucking kidding me with this? Then why are the three highest grossing movies this summer Comic book movies? Fanboys have nothing do with it?

At my theatre ticket sales for TA was flat for Friday (Minus midnights), Saturday, and Sunday, as it sold out every seat in every show. Dollar grosses varied a bit. But generally was around ~110K a day.

Yea I believe it. Theaters were just jam packed that weekend. Definitely the most fun boxoffice OW I followed.

Are you fucking kidding me with this? Then why are the three highest grossing movies this summer Comic book movies? Fanboys have nothing do with it?

Uh, what? Read my post again. I'm saying there's no reason or decency behind bringing up fanboy arguments when a movie is disappointing for the wrong reasons.

Guys I know we're getting upset about the not concrete numbers that are coming in but let's not forget there's a bigger more important picture, something more important than what amount a movie made.

"I haven't read all pages, but I remember that it was said cochofles when to the screening in Colorado, or something like that. Did she make it out of there?"She is fine"They need WOM which this movie has, they need closure which this movie gets, the only reason for lower OW is people are hesitant in going THIS weekend . It doesnt mean they will not see it at a later weekend. You think people who wanted to see TDKR will just ignore the movie until Blu-Ray/DVD?"YesI think what will happen is many people will skip out on the film all together.I think it will get to 400+ and maybe 500 million but TDK gross is out of the question.

I think you are not understanding the situation. This is the case of a national tragedy where people are going to all films less. After the slot over momentary collapse is over, people will come back to watch the movie but you will have to wait and see. What you are saying is that there is a negative stigma over this film, its not, people are not going to theaters as a general rule, if I am wrong then TASM and ice age 4 would have increased to take up the business but it won't. When people come to theaters they will see what the options are and will be reminded they still have to see the last batman movie

TBL and TE2 greater choices? They will pick even more violent movies over TDKR?

That's not the point. Not everyone is dying to see TDKR and for people who frankly don't care about the level of violence in a film after this incident (there are many), the fact that they will have more options going forth hurts TDKR. Look at it this way. If 100 people were going to see TDKR sometime but didn't, they may return to the theaters in...let's say 3 weeks. Now, they can choose between TDKR, TE2, and TBL. Let's not pretend that TDKR is without violence when terrorism is a central topic in the film. Out of these 100 people, 80 still go to see TDKR but 20 people decide they want to see TE2 or TBL instead. This still represents an overall drop in revenue. Applying your own film preferences to the general audience doesn't work. Some people will shockingly want to see TBL or TE2 over TDKR if given the choice.Yes, some people will be turned off from film violence as a result of this incident. This isn't universal however. Many, many people won't give a shit. Look at Columbine...gun control laws found greater support for some time as a result...and now, the support for stricter gun laws in the US is at an all time low. It's one isolated incident and as time passes, its impact continually decreases. Edited by nAlkaline

To say the shootings had a minor effect it stupid. Could have it broke any opening records? I guess we will never know so we should all leave it as that. The unfortunate thing is by the time this worry has calmed down this film will be too late into its run to really recover. It will be interesting to see how BD2 does on midnight business, if it misses 30m then we will know its effect will last a long time and by then we will truly understand how much this film was effected. It's been a very cursed series, 1 film benefits from a tragic accident then the other is deflated by a horrific attack so without sounding like an ass, there's really no need to feel sorry for warner bros from missing out on another record breaking blockbuster.

At this point anyone arguing the shooting doesn't have any affect looks incredibly foolish.Just wow.I am going to it tonight, and now I'm at the point where I'm depressed and not even looking forward to it.

Edited by lancer1997