Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

This weekend is going to hurt for a long time. TDKR was such an awesome film and such a great ending. I know I've said that a hundred times now but I can't say it enough. This deserved the OW/OD record. In attendance at least :(

Man, and to think the BO was recovering. No telling how long this shooting will impact families from going to the movies.

Well, Ice Age did have a pretty bad opening last week. It wasn't all roses.Next family movie of interest isn't for another month. Hope that's enough time for them to recover.

Well, Ice Age did have a pretty bad opening last week. It wasn't all roses.Next family movie of interest isn't for another month. Hope that's enough time for them to recover.

Ehh, considering it was an unnecessary 4th film, IA seemed about right to me. But, from Brave onward, BO was looking pretty good.

With that Sat number TDKR could very well fail to beat TDK's OW if Sunday doesn't hold up well. All it would take is a 25% Sun drop and it misses TDK's OW. :blink: This is nuts. Who woulda ever thunk that was possible?

Who woulda want to think it was possible?

With that Sat number TDKR could very well fail to beat TDK's OW if Sunday doesn't hold up well. All it would take is a 25% Sun drop and it misses TDK's OW. :blink: This is nuts. Who woulda ever thunk that was possible?

25% drop on a well received film in July is pretty steep...

It's not going to drop 25% probably closer to 10%.

I know that at least one dude here called for a 300m OW for TDKR, and I'm sure there were many people saying it was going to top TA and even AVTR........To you people, PLEASE stop using the shooting as an excuse for your hilariously awful predictions.Thank you in advance.

Fun fact: When the Lorax opened, I remember one dude on WoKJ said something like this:"At this rate, THG is bound to open with around $150M, TA $210M, and TDKR $300M."He did a pretty good job being 2 for 3...
  • Like 1

Fun fact: When the Lorax opened, I remember one dude on WoKJ said something like this:"At this rate, THG is bound to open with around $150M, TA $210M, and TDKR $300M."He did a pretty good job being 2 for 3...

Yeah, that might've been having some hyperbolic fun. But somebody here (I forgot who) made a SERIOUS prediction for 300m on, like, Tuesday or Wednesday!(But, yeah, anybody who predicted anything CLOSE to 200m for TA does indeed deserve props, even if that prediction was just sarcastic.)

I know that at least one dude here called for a 300m OW for TDKR, and I'm sure there were many people saying it was going to top TA and even AVTR........To you people, PLEASE stop using the shooting as an excuse for your hilariously awful predictions.Thank you in advance.

180-190 is not an unreasonable prediction