Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I havent seen Watchmen but Sucker Punch.. Fuck that movie. Couldnt finish it

:hi5:Lol, right on man! Agree completely on SP. I was like dafuq is this after a half hour or so?Watchmen is definitely my fav Snyder film, but I'm a big fan of the graphic novel and I thought he did a pretty solid job adapting it.

Man of Steel looked too dreary to me. Another film made before the ''people want a fun movie like Avengers for crissakes' memo got out.

Speak for yourself :PI think the tone looks great and Snyder is the perfect guy to give Superman some edge. I wouldn't bother with it if it's a cheese-fest like TASM.
  • Like 1

Blame Crazy John :DHe posted the 300 trailer to remind us of the "good days" of Snyder.

:lol:That trailer is indeed awesome, like the movie. Snyder is good, and Man of Steel will be awesome.
  • Like 1

I have seen the famous opening credits scene of Watchmen and it really is gloooorious.

I also liked Watchmen a lot. Edited by CJohn

Though Superman Returns was a bit darker, it lacked a bit of an edge to it. I think it's time for a new interpretation of Superman overall. I like that it's serious...not 'grounded reality' like Nolan's Batman films, but serious. The approach going by the Comic Con trailer is interesting. I like it. It's just that the trailer attached to TDKR did little for me.

MOS teaser was good. Use of LOTR music was odd, though. Why are they so afraid of Williams' score? They didn't even have to use the main theme. Just hints of the Krypton theme would have been cool.It's not like SR failed because of the score.

Edited by Darth Homer

IMO, Watchmen is up there with TDK and TA as one of the best superhero movies ever.

Stunning trailer that movie had. Snyder is, IMO, the right man to bring Superman back to life.
  • Like 1

The psycho terrorist is in court right now. He really did take the Joker thing way to seriously:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Except that, you know, he looks like the 1st cousin of Ronald McDonald.

Joker look-a-like=fail

I wouldn't be surprised if they had him partially sedated honestly.

Watching the comic-con trailer, what Man of Steel reminds me the most of is Michael Bay action movies, what with all the close-up, off-center shots romanticizing American imagery, and the silhouettes of Superman and Lois kissing against a sunlit sky.I don't say that as a bad thing. Maybe Superman is exactly the kind of movie that could benefit from that sort of melodramatic style.

Watchmen was a good-looking, well-acted film, but making such a literal adaptation of the graphic novel was always asking for trouble. Most fans could only concentrate on key elements that were missing and the GA were flummoxed by most of it without more knowledge of the mythology. It meant well, but it also demonstrated the limits source material loyalty.

Edited by Hatebox

I personally was not a big fan of Watchmen.

Watchmen was too slavish to its original medium to really stand out for me. The way the narrative is composed doesn't work as well on film as it does in comics, but Snyder insisted.