Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Is anyone seriously going to be disappointed if TDKR makes "just" 190M?

No, not anymore. And actually no one should have been disappointed with that even without shootings.
  • Like 1

That's the temperature water boils at, past that it's steam.

LOL Okay. I don't know about all of that. All I know is that the McDonald's coffee is hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns. Mine's isn't.

Good to know that know we know box office has not been effected by this tragic event.

I still think tomorrow and Sunday will be negatively affected...I'd sign for $180m right now.

I still think tomorrow and Sunday will be negatively affected...I'd sign for $180m right now.

If early reports are saying 80-90. People are going to the theaters. Sorry but you have no evidence to back you opinion in this case.

80m-90m OD in the face of Colorado would be amazing. Easily a new admissions record.

Anything below $85m is slightly disappointing. It needs to pass $82.5m in order to claim the admissions record.

I've seen this thought expressed elsewhere and I don't understand it. Why would it affect people going two days later?

Friday screenings are already sold out. You will see some family audience drop off on Saturday/Sunday. It's Sat/Sun won't match TA's Sat/Sun.

I think WB feared that violent ads may cause some backlash. Studio PR departments are very sensitive to these type of things. They also removed Gangster Squad ads from all theaters. Expect them to tone these ads down and they will start running by next week.

We saw it this morning at 9am and the GS trailer played in front of the movie. I'm thinking that they'll have to push that back to remove that scene and maybe do some reshoots and replace it with something else.