Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

"TDKR has even more. So a low amount of sellouts doesn't necessarily mean low OD..."True but this needs more around 60 million around day and its in 2DI am still seeing 90 million however TA was ahead at this point.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I just want to make a quick announcement:I was around BOM forums for DH2's release, and during OD... sellouts were... not that strong. Yet it managed $47.5M. The only explanation here is the amount of screenings. And there were a lot of them. Fill out just half of them and you have a humongous OD.TDKR has even more. So a low amount of sellouts doesn't necessarily mean low OD...

YES. DH2's sellouts were actually pretty tepid. Obviously we want TDKR to do higher numbers, but many of us doubted DH2's 90M+ estimates from the lack of sellouts.

Any weather concerns this weekend in the US?

Doesn't look like it, but really only a Category 5 hurricane hitting New York City could make matters any worse for the movie.

Its just that around 6 pm all the big films TA, TDK, Spider Man 3 had epic sellouts starting..Maybe things will change in 15 mins.However I think night time business 9 pm and after will be gigantic based on pre sales.

I'm still bummed that such a tragic event had to happen. TDKR was a fantastic film, and, sue me, it was the best of the trilogy and a great, great ending. Nolan really COULDN'T have ended it better.But to have tragedy overshadow the movie release of the year just destroys everything.

• Like 3

I'm on my phone so can't get u a link but Friday is 80-85 from Nikki. She says it beat Avengers 60 mill Friday lolololololo. Gotta go. Watching TDKR.

Just to keep things in perspective regarding night business, I seem to remember Nikki's first post for TDK was $50m. It ended up at $67m with the actual. That is a bigger percentage jump than what happened with Avengers going from $65m to $80m. In other words, the July release date isn't necessarily indicative of where the film will land. Didn't she lowball DH2's full day as well? That was a July release. I think in general Hollywood has a hard time reconciling the massive difference between matinee and night business on Friday.

I will look at my theater alone as TA and TDKR are on the same number of screens.Bar is 10 sellouts that TA got.So far we are 1 lets seeHowever TA was just a beast in Canada...

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm still bummed that such a tragic event had to happen. TDKR was a fantastic film, and, sue me, it was the best of the trilogy and a great, great ending. Nolan really COULDN'T have ended it better.But to have tragedy overshadow the movie release of the year just destroys everything.

TDKR was the weakest of the trilogy easily, tragedy or no tragedy, but that's a discussion for a different thread. Edited by MovieMan89

Just to keep things in perspective regarding night business, I seem to remember Nikki's first post for TDK was $50m. It ended up at $67m with the actual. That is a bigger percentage jump than what happened with Avengers going from $65m to $80m. In other words, the July release date isn't necessarily indicative of where the film will land. Didn't she lowball DH2's full day as well? That was a July release. I think in general Hollywood has a hard time reconciling the massive difference between matinee and night business on Friday.

No she was saying 100 million for DH2 IIRC.
  • Like 1

I have to agree. After leaving the theater, I wasn't sure how I felt about the film. But, with more and more reflection, TDKR is easily becoming my favorite.

Just post the details in the thread -- don't give her the page hits.

What did she do to piss her peers off? From what I gather, she's being a bully and a bitch. But that's normal for her, lol.I don't know.