Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

WOM is going to be perfectly fine, and there is zero basis in saying the OW is not going to be deflated. 30.6M midnights for a comic book movie do not translate to 50M in day business. Sorry, they just don't.

• Like 1

Oh thank god B, there's someone else on the board who isn't jumping through hoops over it! I thought clearly I must be missing something judging by everyone else's reactions here. Although I certainly wouldn't go as far as to compare it to SM3 and thought it was still a solid effort, it's easily the weakest of the trilogy and also probably the worst Nolan film I've seen to date (I haven't seen Following or Insomnia though ). I agree about the multi not being particularly strong though. It just lacks everything that made TDK such a phenomenon, and even a lot of what got BB off the ground and running.

I didn't hate Spiderman 3 though. I just thought it had some problems. This to me is worse. It's nothing like the first two. It's all over the place. The Alfred thing, the Bane thing, the Gordon stuff, it was just too much.

I think after the events of today, there is no way I can't put an "*" on this weekend's numbers. I'm not saying it would of broken The Avengers record but it's clear this is the worst news a major blockbuster ever had in movie history and it's clearly going to affect the overall numbers this weekend.

Maybe impossible, but I do think it could have got close to $200M, if not $200M then this would have hit $190M, but we will never know for sure now. But, the thing is the tragedy is playing a role in this films OW.

No, the tragedy is not. No one is staying away in New York and Florida because someone got shot in Colorado.

Personally, I thought the film was great. I think it takes a while for it to sink in and digest. There have been films that the first time I saw them I hated it but ended up loving the second time. I think this will be one of those films for some audience members, assuming those who do hate it, give it a second chance. Also, this film screams Nolan all over it. I would argue that TDKR is the most Nolan-style Batman film.

• Like 2

Hahahaha hahahaha how did I expect this? Lemme guess...0/10

Why would you expect it? TDK is one of my top 25 films of all time? I thought this film would be brilliant. I'd give it a 6.

No, the tragedy is not. No one is staying away in New York and Florida because someone got shot in Colorado.

I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion. The midnight to Friday ratio is telling me otherwise.

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [4,404 Theaters]

Friday $80M, Weekend $180M

2. Ice Age 4 (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 2 [3,886 Theaters]

Friday $7.5M, Weekend $25M, Cume $93.4M

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [4,318 Theaters]

Friday $4M, Weekend $14M, Cume $231.7M

4. Ted (MRC/Universal) Week 4 [3,214 Theaters]

Friday $3.6M, Weekend $12M, Cume $182.4M

5. Brave (Pixar/Disney) Week 5 [2,899 Theaters]

Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.5M, Cume $211.2M

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-banks-25m-pre-sales-and-85-ticket-sales-more-b-o-records-scalpers-brinks-trucks-than-avengers/

Why would you expect it? TDK is one of my top 25 films of all time? I thought this film would be brilliant. I'd give it a 6.

There was no way this movie would live to TDK. I have a feeling I won't like the it very much either.