Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I don't understand the love for the Avengers. I thought it was really good, and I saw it twice, but its inferior to the first IM, the first two SM, and TDK IMO. I think a strong case could be made BB is better also.It was good, just don't see the #1 hype to it.But then again I don't let grosses determine my favorites, so perhaps that's where I am off?

It's also uber inferior to TDKR.

That $75m figure is bloody low.If its correct, the film will do between $160m-$170m max.That $75m figure can't be correct.

It's Variety so it's probably not more accurate than the numbers we've gotten earlier. They aren't exactly the most reliable source for numbers, for that we'll need our deity rth.
  • Like 1

Are you BKB?

Nope. sorry. I just think people tend to put too much of their self worth into if a particular franchise does well or not. I don't root for franchises. I root for good films. And while I'm a Nolan fan (TDK and Inception are damn near perfect in most ways) I think he dropped the ball on Rises. Maybe it's Batman fatigue on his part. Maybe he saw after Inception that he prefers to work on his 'own projects'. I'm starting to think it's unwise to have the same creative team make all three films in a trilogy. This results in failure more often than not IMO.

People are talking SHIT, how do they dare to compare TDKR with crappy films like SM3?I do not hate TA, I actually enjoyed it a lot, except the first shitty and boring hour,but I would like to see how it performs on its 3rd film?Haters gonna bitch

What does grosses have to do with where people rank a movie?

Just trying to figure out where the Avengers succeeded. I thought part of it was quite sloppy and inferior to some of its heroes own movies.Like I said, I don't understand, was looking for clarification as to what people saw that I didn't.

I don't understand the love for the Avengers. I thought it was really good, and I saw it twice, but its inferior to the first IM, the first two SM, and TDK IMO. I think a strong case could be made BB is better also.It was good, just don't see the #1 hype to it.But then again I don't let grosses determine my favorites, so perhaps that's where I am off?

No ones opinion has anything to do with grosses. I can assure you of that. People don't pick their favorite movies based on grosses.

People are talking SHIT, how do they dare to compare TDKR with crappy films like SM3?I do not hate TA, I actually enjoyed it a lot, except the first shitty and boring hour,but I would like to see how it performs on its 3rd film?Haters gonna bitch

LOL Now you guys are lashing out at other films. This is crazy.

Certainly I feel apprehensive about going. I probably will go anyway tomorrow, but it's something that's just in the back of the mind. I know redfirebird was having some doubts and he's as big of a Batman fan as it gets.

Fair enough. These events strike me as an extremely sad but unfortunate aspect of day-to-day life. I suppose I digest news quickly and move on...see no point in letting an event which could happen to anyone with little recourse alter my life.

Out of curiousity, is there actually apprehension about going to the theater as a result of the shooting on media outlets such as twitter/FB? I have seen plenty of references from friends to the tragic shooting, but all have commented on its sadness rather than any effect on their plans to see the film.

For me it's not apprehension out of fear but sorrow that 12 lives were lost just going to the movies. Not so much as a Batman fan but as a fan of cinema, it's something that struck to the core. I'm still going to see TDKR this week as planned, but it will be something in the back of my mind. :( Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 1

Pretty much all major theatres here are in shopping centres too, but I've never seen any conspicuous security. It might be there, maybe I've just never noticed it.

My "small" bag was inspected before I entered the cinema last night. Doing such things doesn't bother me.

After reading the last couple pages... I'm starting to worry.I thought TDKR was a fantastic film and the best of the trilogy. Please I can't be the only one that thinks that!

I thought it was good too but it wasn't as good as TA or TDK for me.

Fair enough. These events strike me as an extremely sad but unfortunate aspect of day-to-day life. I suppose I digest news quickly and move on...see no point in letting an event which could happen to anyone with little recourse alter my life.

It's a weird feeling to describe. I mean, I was at the midnight release, and just knowing that it can happen in any theater is a surreal thing. I should know that the odds of this happening is of course extremely low, but at the same time, theaters have long been an unsafe place. Huge crowds, little to no security, and mass panic ensues. Sad as it is to say, it's not terribly surprising that 70 people were wounded in the process. It's just a densely populated experience where things can go awry so quicklyBut as a man who loves the theater experience, it trumps that. Edited by MrPink

My "small" bag was inspected before I entered the cinema last night. Doing such things doesn't bother me.

No, that definitely doesn't happen here. I've taken my bag into the theatre often and I've never been asked about it.