Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

It burnt off 30.6M in demand at midnight. Some people are underwhelmed with that number, but it's absolutely huge, and definitely took pressure off matinees and evening showings.

I really like this point. I feel that many people are just brushing aside the enormity of the midnight number, especially in comparison to its predecessor, and the demand it inevitably burned off.

Boy what a last 20+ hours, last night to tied up watch news events unfold,had read quite a few commentes here and been in/out, plus with last night there was really no update on midnight number from what it mentioned hours beforee.I'll take a look at look at TDKR again shortly.With WB at this stage planning to not put anything out till monday, if they wanted to they could very easily block anyone from seeing TDKR numbers till monday, probably won't happen but it could.

• Like 5

Best news could be like TA opening day was seen around 65-70 and RTH said 80 million.However indications are way below past films on Friday in my area.

At my theatre it did ~86K today, TA did about ~105-110K. (This is excluding Midnights, but TA had 8 3D shows, 5 on 1 screen, and the other 3 on a half screen.) Edited by riczhang

It burnt off 30.6M in demand at midnight. Some people are underwhelmed with that number, but it's absolutely huge, and definitely took pressure off matinees and evening showings.

Yep, 30 mil was nothing to scoff at, not even close, especially not for any movie that isnt Twilight or Potter. TDKR midnights beat the previous comic book movie midnights by over 12 million, and without the benefit of 3D. That's pretty impressive.

Here you go guys, an article titled Is The Dark Knight Rises Too Tough to Watch Post-Colorado Tragedy?

http://www.eonline.c...imdb_topstories

And if you notice, the overwhelming majority of comments are eviscerating the article as exploitative journalism and indicating the shootings will not alter their plans to see the movie in any way. The media's job is to create stories, and this Batman connection is salivating for them. Disgusting.
  • Like 1

Boy what a last 20+ hours, last night to tied up watch news events unfold,had read quite a few commentes here and been in/out, plus with last night there was really no update on midnight number from what it mentioned hours beforee.I'll take a look at look at TDKR again shortly.With WB at this stage planning to not put anything out till monday, if they wanted to they could very easily block anyone from seeing TDKR numbers till monday, probably won't happen but it could.

Damn, that would suck if true.

Do not click on that link unless you want to read spoilers. Massive spoilers in that article. Massive!

Sorry. They do warn though about the spoilers ahead of time and give warning. I didn't think though when I posted that. I was trying to show how news sources feel that this can affect moviegoers from going to the film this weekend. Edited by CloneWars