Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Guys, I didn't not enjoy the score. I loved Selina's theme, and the very final minuted were great. But I'm saying during the action sequences it was so fucking loud I couldn't hear what some of the characters were saying.

I know I rant on Zimmer a lot, but this movie was just the last straw honestly. So many lovely, intimate scenes had obnoxious drumming in the background. I couldn't hear quite a bit of dialogue. Plus he wrote one track for Bane that must have played a dozen times in the movie with no variation, utter laziness.

I know I rant on Zimmer a lot, but this movie was just the last straw honestly. So many lovely, intimate scenes had obnoxious drumming in the background. I couldn't hear quite a bit of dialogue. Plus he wrote one track for Bane that must have played a dozen times in the movie with no variation, utter laziness.

You can't deny though, he has written some GREAT pieces of music in his time.

One thing is for sure, though. DH2's midnights won't be taken down in a long time.

Agreed. It is safe for at least 3-4 years. Maybe THG finale can do it with enough inflation but nothing earlier than that.

You can't deny though, he has written some GREAT pieces of music in his time.

Absolutely. I love many of his scores. I'm just fed up with this glorified trailer music, music so generic it can be cut into any scene with no problem. That isn't film scoring. Music should be linked to the movie, it should be inseparable from the scene. You can all see how people are saying Gandalf's fall music doesn't work with the MoS trailer, would people say that for Zimmer's music? It's just trailer music.

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting.

Yes, this is what I have been hearing too. It's just bloated, as Noctis says.

Don't click because this is a huge ass spoiler.

Talia was great...until her death scene. What on earth?

Also, I was so pissed that I read reviews before seeing the movie, despite several critics outright saying they didn't feel bad revealing certain spoilers because they were so minor in comparison to others. Boy they were right.

Paradoxically, the of lack of screen time added to her overall presence.

I agree. While Bane's disappearance and loss of control in the second half bothered me, Catwoman's felt natural. Her character felt underdeveloped at times, but not in a bad way. She was direct, quick, didn't linger in the moment too long. And I think that's the way the character is supposed to be, considering how evasive she is.

Don't click because this is a huge ass spoiler.

Talia was great...until her death scene. What on earth?

You mean the way she died? To be honest, I sort of agree. Not that the wreck shouldnt have killed her, it should have, but it probably shouldve thrown her through the front windshield.

• Like 1

Also, I was so pissed that I read reviews before seeing the movie, despite several critics outright saying they didn't feel bad revealing certain spoilers because they were so minor in comparison to others. Boy they were right.

Looking back, all the big finales (IMHO) slightly fall apart in a few areas during the climactic scenes. RoTK, DH2, RoTS, RoTJ, and now TDKR.

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting.

Your friends complain about pacing and poor staging of action? Are you all film critics? :lol:

It wasn't Warners fault. They shouldn't have to pay anything to the victims.

Of course they don't have to. But as Xia said on Twitter, if they even gave .01% of the proceeds, that would be chump change to them, something like 50K to each family.

Me and a group of friends (most of whom were with me Thursday night) are going to see The Dark Knight Rises at a 6:30pm IMAX show a couple hours away. I've never been to an IMAX movie before, so hopefully this will be well worth it.Also, this theater sold out every show yesterday, so I'm going to assume it will be packed today as well.