Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

The sad thing is that, i don't know if it is only fro me, but i really cannot wait for this weekend to end, not only boxoffice wise.The night is darkest just before the dawn and i hope the dawn is coming as Harvey Dent said.

• Like 2

Where can we discuss spoilers? I just got back from seeing the movie with around 50 people? And we all have the same question; those of you who have seen the mvoie probably already know what it is

$77M$40M$34M$151M. That's less than SM3 and THG.BIGGEST. ASTERISK. EVER.

If night showing are as lackluster as the day showings, then this will probably miss 40 million today. I think the night shows should be pretty good though.

I don't know if this can even make 160M for the weekend.Fri: 77.2M (46.56m/30.64)Sat: 44.23M (-5%)Sun: 38.48M (-13%)OW: 159.91M

That number would be as violent as a nuke.Can a scenario "under SM3 not adjusted" exist under special circumstances?

ddddeeee's right. A lot of the music in the film felt like trailer music. No thematic connections. Some tracks are straight out of BB/TDK with BARELY any change.

While I thought some of the new themes were great, I was pretty disappointed in the rehash. Reminded me of AOTC and ROTS and even Batman & Robin where the rehash of themes was so noticeable it took me out of the film.

"I think a ton of people felt the same way. There was no way for TDKR to match TA's Sat/Sun. 70m Sat...almost not even possible with no 3D."Sunday as well...When I was projecting the potential outcomes even with a gigantic opening day all projections had it below TA Sunday by 5+ million.

I think you touch on a point that hasn't been addressed too much: while yes, some people will skip TDKR because it is the movie associated with the tragedy, and yes, some people are going to be skipping movie theaters in general for awhile, there are also those who don't want to watch a violent movie of any kind right now. Does anyone remember the Red Dragon debacle in 2002? Similar situation.

Yes, tv networks are even pulling violent tv shows. This is bigger then TDKR. If people think that some other popular movies down the line are safe, well, they got another thing coming. http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/the-dark-knight-rises-showtime-usa-cloo-pulling-programming-aurora-colorado-shooting-tnt-the-dark-knight-cbs/

Yes, you are right. The casual movie goer who si scared to go tot he movies because of a murderer will go see even more violent films in Bourne and The Expendables instead.

Posted Image

I think the blatant oversimplification of the fear factor is a bit dishonest. And regardless, as time passes by, people will stop caring. That's how the world works. People may have been scared to fly in planes for some time after 9/11, but things go back to normal. No one stops their life for too long because of one isolated incident, and this has been proven over and over again. The inevitable (and frankly foolish) impending backlash against guns and violence will dissipate over time...and who does this hurt the most in terms of the BO? TDKR, because it is simply the film most chronologically close to the height of the paranoia. The point still stands. As much as TE2 and TBL may be impacted, the worst impact will be to TDKR. I fail to see how you can argue otherwise. Edited by nAlkaline

Where can we discuss spoilers? I just got back from seeing the movie with around 50 people? And we all have the same question; those of you who have seen the mvoie probably already know what it is

review that movie thread.

While I thought some of the new themes were great, I was pretty disappointed in the rehash. Reminded me of AOTC and ROTS and even Batman & Robin where the rehash of themes was so noticeable it took me out of the film.

RoTS had a gorgeous soundtrack. AoTC was victim of too much rehash, but the love theme was beautiful.
  • Like 1

Just put it in spoiler tags... or is that allowed?