Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Guys, watch a movie this weekend please.

I went to see Beasts of the Southern Wild this weekend downtown at the theater that usually gets those indie movies. Really enjoyed it. I will say though that I noticed that the theater was only about 2/3 full and that theater is usually packed on weekends. Coulda just been cause it was an earlier showing though...

People can also use the 'Sony also had MIB3 tracking at 90M over Memorial Day Weekend' argument.

But that weekend did not have notfabio stating the effect of tragedy at his theater.

My theatre has officially made more money today than yesterday. Yesterday it took in ~86 400, and today with some evening shows still left already at ~88 200, might break ~92 500 today.

I hear Dark Knight Rises is opening on par with Avengers in the UK and Australia. And these are developed markets

If that translates into the domestic market, then TDKR is opening right where it's expected to: around 170m which is close to The Avengers minus the 3D up-charge..

My theatre has officially made more money today than yesterday. Yesterday it took in ~86 400, and today with some evening shows still left already at ~88 200, might break ~92 500 today.

All theaters should be like this.

That's good to hear. I've still got a grin on my face after seeing TDKR and now I really want it to rebound.
  • Like 1

"I hear Dark Knight Rises is opening on par with Avengers in the UK and Australia. And these are developed markets"I do not think you can simply imply that would mean it would have broken the record in NA...As TA simply increased a lot from past marvel films in overseas markets...TA is a totally different beast in NA.It broke records and became one of the biggest hits.

I don't think it matters for them.

Of course it doesn't matter to them, it still amazes me the lengths that haters will go to lie, and cheat their way into claiming they're right.

I watched TDKR here and lines were long. The overseas reports say that it opened bigger, way bigger than TDK. I think 550 M overseas is locked. This needs to get a China release though.

It's not getting a China release?? :o:unsure:

"I hear Dark Knight Rises is opening on par with Avengers in the UK and Australia. And these are developed markets"I do not think you can simply imply that would mean it would have broken the record in NA...As TA simply increased a lot from past marvel films in overseas markets...TA is a totally different beast in NA.It broke records and became one of the biggest hits.

It's got nothing to do with the record.

The one thing I will say, that hopefully most everyone can agree on is that this should have matched TDK in admissions. That was a reasonable expectation. Forget the $200M talk, but there is no reason to say this doesn't have an affect when it can't even match TDK attendance. Especially with the hype this had coming off of not just TDK but Inception as well.

• Like 2