Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think if TDKR drops to 350M or under then my theory definitely comes to play.

It won't drop to 350m though. That would be an unmitigated disaster. And yes you're right the tragedy would certainly have a big part in it if it somehow did only do that. 400 is still the floor though.

Not necessarily, shooting could effect it's run entirely. People who boycotted it on OW, could still continue that after the OW.

i agree sadly i may affect all the run :( but if it doesn't i think until 3rd weekend i may pick up, this i just so wrong i mean the should just watch the damn thing and make nolan enligth his mind, i'm wondering internationally if it will have effect the news are also pretty big at least here on mexico but the midnight is still full so i don't know Edited by luxneji

This speculation is pointless. There's no way to quantify the impact of the shooting. You're all talking in circles, and worse, you're using this event to excuse/justify you're predictions.

Posted Image

I suppose you're right which is what I just said earlier I was disgusted by and didn't want to do. :unsure: I guess it's best not to speculate about the effect on the numbers at all for now.

Man of Steel died with my audience. Throughout all of the trailers shown people kept crying out "Superman!" and once they started the teaser there was thunderous applause. Some vacuous claps at the end. At least it looks different than Superman Returns?

It won't drop to 350m though. That would be an unmitigated disaster. And yes you're right the tragedy would certainly have a big part in it if it somehow did only do that. 400 is still the floor though.

I'm not saying it'll but if it does then clearly shooting had far bigger impact than we were thinking.

This speculation is pointless. There's no way to quantify the impact of the shooting. You're all talking in circles, and worse, you're using this event to excuse/justify your predictions.

Posted Image

I'm not going to try and justify my prediction, but there is no question that people are not going to the theater this weekend and for a multitude of reasons connected to a shooting that took place in CO. What we do know is that TDKR would have likely matched TDK admissions OW. And, by applying some common sense and looking at BO data, we can conclude that this event is shaping the films OW BO performance. You are right. We will never know by how much. It could be as big as $50M lost or as little as $5M like some believe.

Man of Steel died with my audience. Throughout all of the trailers shown people kept crying out "Superman!" and once they started the teaser there was thunderous applause. Some vacuous claps at the end.At least it looks different than Superman Returns?

Yeah same with mine, except the only big applause during mine came when it said "From Christopher Nolan..." Afterwards it got like a low golf clap. Very very poor reception. Especially considering all the comic book fans there and the amazing reception the 8 month old Hobbit trailer got.

In briefIn Spain Fri TDKR was almost identical to TA(low % 3D) both $ & adm, looks like be bigger gap with Sat TA favourIn Australia 1st 3 days TDKR(Th-Sa) vs 1st 3 days TA(with over 60% 3D, and OD was PubHol and 2nd biggest OD ever) We-Fr TDKR is +5%, for the Wkend 4 day Th-Su vs TA We-Sa it should end up around +/- 5%UK TDKR 1st 2days Fr-Sa will only be approx 10% under what TA(with over 60% 3d)did in 1st 3 days We-SaIn NA number of markets Fri TDKR was above TA or not much under

• Like 2

In briefIn Spain Fri TDKR was almost identical to TA(low % 3D) both $ & adm, looks like be bigger gap with Sat TA favourIn Australia 1st 3 days TDKR(Th-Sa) vs 1st 3 days TA(with over 60% 3D, and OD was PubHol and 2nd biggest OD ever) We-Fr TDKR is +5%, for the Wkend 4 day Th-Su vs TA We-Sa it should end up around +/- 5%UK TDKR 1st 2days Fr-Sa will only be approx 10% under what TA(with over 60% 3d)did in 1st 3 days We-SaIn NA number of markets Fri TDKR was above TA or not much under

Great numbers.

good to know.great for DTKR.

30 million in presales, 170 million OW, this means walkup business was 140 million...yeah..140 is just the 6th highest of all time with walkups alone......thats a disaster /rolleyesBatman will be back and better than everNolan will be back and better than everAmerica will be back and better than everTheater 9 in Aurora will be back and better than ever.The only one who will die is Holmes

At my local theatre, the 2 showings at 11:00 and 11:30 have been flitting with full capactiy, bogged down by numerous refunds, but also decent walk-up business. Those two should run at sell-out capacity of 454 seats. Assuming those two showing sell out, my theatre would've sold $93900 worth of tickets today. Down 15% from TA, but up 9% from Friday's $86400.

In Australia 1st 3 days TDKR(Th-Sa) vs 1st 3 days TA(with over 60% 3D, and OD was PubHol and 2nd biggest OD ever) We-Fr TDKR is +5%, for the Wkend 4 day Th-Su vs TA We-Sa it should end up around +/- 5%

That's pretty incredible.