Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

30 million in presales, 170 million OW, this means walkup business was 140 million...yeah..140 is just the 6th highest of all time with walkups alone......thats a disaster /rolleyes

Batman will be back and better than ever

Nolan will be back and better than ever

America will be back and better than ever

Theater 9 in Aurora will be back and better than ever.

The only one who will die is Holmes

Lets hope not on that one. I know I'll never be going back myself, and most of my friends and family have already said they won't either if it reopens. I could never sit in that theater again after what happened. They should just put a memorial there or something.

Lets hope not on that one. I know I'll never be going back myself, and most of my friends and family have already said they won't either if it reopens. I could never sit in that theater again after what happened. They should just put a memorial there or something.

Even as a memorial it will back better than ever. even more so than a regular theater
  • Like 1

I am confused..."In NA number of markets Fri TDKR was above TA or not much under"

NA (Domestic US/Can) is broken into over 250 markets (major cities, combo of smaller towns/cities etc) top top 100 markets is close to 90% of the bus.
  • Like 1

This is a good idea. However, it would be best if we understand Bale too. He has his schedule, his life. We should not do this by force. You know what, why not group yourselves, dress like superheroes and visit these children. You can invite those who like attending cosplays too. These children don't necessarily need "the actor". They need hope and the reason to believe people care for them.

Yeah, but I think it would be very meaningful if it was "the guy from the movies" that did it.

Even though its not the theaters fault, I think you're right. If I lived nearby, I would never ever go back to that movie theater or even contemplate going there. A lot of people will feel the same way. I feel bad for whoever owns the theater though because its not their fault.

It won't drop to 350m though. That would be an unmitigated disaster. And yes you're right the tragedy would certainly have a big part in it if it somehow did only do that. 400 is still the floor though.

I agree that I would be very surprised to see the film go under $400m but I find your sense of perspective amusing. $350m is a lot of money! That's $100m more than what Batman Begins adjusts to. Obviously The Dark Knight Rises had a much bigger budget, but it's also going to make a ton more overseas than Batman Begins did. So the 'disaster' would still make a lot more money...than the successful initial installment.

Also, last year not a single film made the $400m in the US that we both believe to be the film's floor. Only 2 films hit the $350m that you say would be a disaster. Just because the Avengers hit $600m doesn't mean that $350m is chump change!

Point is, that whatever gross The Dark Knight Rises ends up with, I'm sure it'll be profitable and popular. No one expected The Dark Knight to hit $533m. If the sequel doesn't match it, it doesn't mean it's not a success.

Not meeting expectations is different from being a disaster. John Carter and Battleship, two films with similar budgets as the Dark Knight Rises, now those were disasters.

• Like 1

10. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - $16.5 million

Good bye precious, you will leave the top 10 midnight openings now.

But TDKR is a worthy film to take you out.

But I'll never let go...I'll never let go...

Posted Image

Edited by darthdevidem01

Good bye precious, you will leave the top 10 midnight openings now.

But TDKR is a worthy film to take you out.

But I'll never let go...I'll never let go...

Posted Image

Considering that was quite a bit before the midnight era really kicked off it's actually extremely impressive its managed to hang on in the top 10 midnights for 7 years. Bravo.

Considering that was quite a bit before the midnight era really kicked off it's actually extremely impressive its managed to hang on in the top 10 midnights for 7 years. Bravo.

I wonder now if midnights will be dialed back for the next couple of years as a result of the shooting.

I wonder now if midnights will be dialed back for the next couple of years as a result of the shooting.

Its certainly possible I think. The first true gauge to see if midnights will be affected following this will be Breaking Dawn 2 since Twilight is such a midnight juggernaut. Edited by MovieMan89

Just got back from a sold out 6:30pm IMAX TDKR show. It was digital IMAX, but it still looked great and sounded AMAZING. My friends and I all loved it as we did at the midnight show, and the audience did too. There was a small applause during a scene in the beginning and a HUGE one after the last shot of the movie into the end credits.In terms of sales for Rises: The 10:30pm IMAX show was sold out I saw when we walked by as we were leaving, and so were half the remaining regular shows.

Edited by Dekunova

I bring this up only because others may have gone through the same:After the horrible news yesterday, I felt that I was in no mood to see this flick this weekend.But, I woke up today and, although I had my moments of doubt, I met up with one of my friends and we saw it.Given the timing, I'm pretty sure I know when it all went down in that theater, in respect to the movie. During that scene, I was pulled out of the flick, and quite aware I was in a dark movie theater, and I felt a bit vulnerable (of course there was little logic to this; just emotion). But, besides that one scene, I was able to escape into the movie, and forget about the horrors of the real world for a bit. It was nice. And I enjoyed the hell out of the movie!****************Don't spoil this one for yourselves - just go see it. I was able to keep away from any spoilers, and that totally added to the experience. I want to say more, but just in case, I won't - just go see it!!!!