Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I guess because when looking at OS and WW totals, you have to go by the $...But yes, they should be.

I get OS and WW totals for films are difficult to compare when you have like 50 different currencies, but performances in one market by different movies should be looked at in their own currencies - I think at least for the big markets there are reports in local currencies and when comparing OW's if it was a 5-day weekend or a 3 day, 'cause comparing just dollars with no context is pointless, IMO. I realize that it'll take a little more time to do, as various reports have to be looked at, but the results will be useful.

efialtes76 published this in OS forum:

SpainOW:€.3.5Mslightly better than TASM(€3.12) but far below than TA(€5.2).

I add that TDK grossed a 5-day 4.9 million € (3 million € during the weekend)

I was one who predicted more than 200 and I realized my mistake when I saw midnights. Of course, we will never know what would have happened without the shooting, but in my opinion it subtracted about 10 million on Friday, and about 5/6 million both Saturday and Sunday. Fear and doubts doesn't dissapear while media go on with news about the shooting. It's psychological. We have to wait until official numbers come, and above all, until this week numbers to have a better perspective. The shotting have had influence during the whole weekend. Other question is to quantify that impact. We'll never know it and we can discuss it forever.Of course, I can be wrong. I just speculate (like everyone here :) )

I think your numbers are pretty fair. I too think it took about 20 mill of the opening. I always ranged between 175-188 in my opening weekend, dating back to May. So I agree with you.
  • Like 1

efialtes76 published this in OS forum:I add that TDK grossed a 5-day 4.9 million € (3 million € during the weekend)

So is that more than 5 mill in US$?

efialtes76 published this in OS forum:I add that TDK grossed a 5-day 4.9 million € (3 million € during the weekend)

Well... that was expected.

"Nothing even comes close to TDK's Sunday drop."AgreeHowever TA Sunday is quite underrated.A 17% drop in May is pretty much the same as a Sub 10% drop in July.Also that was a drop from one of the biggest days ever at the box office.

Yes. You should only ever compare films within a country in the local currency.

Yeah it be in local, plus BOM doesnt do conversions properly some things they get in $us others in $lc but how they convert majority of the time is wrong, when individual countrys are listed Record BO its always in $lc not $us as with flucuating exchange rates it can have very dramatic effects
  • Like 1

..I meant it ironically! - we come here in the first place, to also discuss such "what if.." stuff ..

Ha! I'm terrible at picking up connotations from the written word. My bad. We need a "I'm clearly being a smart-ass" emoticon for people like me. :slaphead:

The ironic thing about this is last year after DH2 broke the record and people were claiming it wouldnt last long until TDKR came out, I really didnt want it to beat it. After The Avengers came out I got frustrated and joined the $200 million opener club but originally had every reason to think this would miss the Final Harry Potter in 3D.