Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Comic book fnas are harder to please. I went with 4 different people at each of my viewings. 1 comic book fan and he said he thought it was great, but still disappointed because (insert nerd comic book fan reasons) and the other 3 folks were just your average moviegoer and their feedback ranged from "fucking badass" to "incredible". Also, all 4 showings ended in applause. Midnight ended in a big one. Others were just regular clapping. Don't want to exaggerate and say the whole place was rioting with how they loved it :lol:

Clapping and cheering at the theaters doesn't mean anything imo. Hell, there was clapping and cheering when I watched ASM, Brave, Ice Age 4, M3, MIB3 and Battleship. It seems like everyone claps these days.

At the people nitpicking tdkrises it basically comes down to how much good outweighs the bad and in rises the good destroys any bad along with the rest of nolans batflicks. I'll tear apart the joker right now; he's the greatest planner of all time, almost at superhuman levels. Everything works perfectly for him. Including when everyone dies in the same room except him. Harvey, while underrated and played brilliantly by echart is basically venomized in the last 30 minutes of the film, even though it was still Awesome lol. The emitter plot in begins doesn't even make sense.Every cop in these movies says some stupid corny one liner ("okay that's not good")"he's driving on rooftops!")

Just want to share. I have a lot of Korean friends. One of them told me that this was one of their topics on Facebook. It's part of their culture that they don't really react every time they watch a film. But after watching the movie, he described that the audience he was with stood up and clapped, very much amazed of what they saw.

Posted Image

Edited by kayumanggi

Clapping and cheering at the theaters doesn't mean anything imo. Hell, there was clapping and cheering when I watched ASM, Brave, Ice Age 4, M3, MIB3 and Battleship. It seems like everyone claps these days.

Posted Image

I still can't get over all this clapping and cheering talk. I guess no one claps and cheers down here in Texas. It almost never happens when I see a film. 'Puny god' was the closest I've seen to a reaction you guys are saying is extremely common. Maybe I live in bizzaro world.

I still can't get over all this clapping and cheering talk. I guess no one claps and cheers down here in Texas. It almost never happens when I see a film. 'Puny god' was the closest I've seen to a reaction you guys are saying is extremely common. Maybe I live in bizzaro world.

To be fair my audience on Sunday didn't clap, but there wasn't too many people there. The midnight crowd erupted in cheers and applause when the movie ended and "popped" at several scenes throughout the movie.Tonight I'll see it in IMAX and those are usually close to sold out, we'll see how people react there.

Well it finally happened: one of the victims (who didn't get shot themselves) is suing, amongst others, Warner Brothers:"Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today." "http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Well it finally happened: one of the victims (who didn't get shot themselves) is suing, amongst others, Warner Brothers:"Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today." "http://www.tmz.com/2...wsuit-shooting/

And apparently they've arrested a copycat shooter who wanted to kill his boss. People are in denial if they think the shooting and media coverage of it aren't having an effect. This was a nuke against the film. Luckily it has seemingly good WOM or it would be headed for a sub-350 total.