Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I was kinda hoping this was just a bad dream and that it'd go away when I woke up. Sadly, no. My thoughts and best wishes goes out to the people of Colorado, and the victim's families in particular.

I really hope the media doesn't blame the tone of this film for the shootings. What that maniac did was completely his own fault and not the movie's.

It's nothing to do with the film period. Whoever suggest that should be declared insane and sentenced to Crane's Asylum.
  • Like 1

Sad sad day. Prayers go out to the victims and there families. This is part of the burden of living in American (Free) society and it's a shame but crazies are out there and it's pathetic when things like this happen.BUT i am going to choose to talk about this movie and what I saw last night.I can see how some people will love or be meh on the film, but i LOVED IT. IMAX Theater was packed, regular theaters were packed, it was a madhouse outside around 3 AM. My expectations were met, i just wanted a solid film to close out Nolans vision of Batman and I got more. Nolan has BALLS and he took risks, and even if at times he came up short, overall this movie made TDK and look Silly in some parts ( i popped in the dark knight after seeing Rises and felt this even more). There's way more at stake, the performances were well done. Hathaway KILLED it. Hardy was badass and Batman/Bruce was the focal point. There is some truth that Begins lovers may enjoy this film more than TDK lovers but this movie connects the two well. Of course the movie isn't perfect and there's flaws but Nolan strived for something more and when people look back they will appreciate this series, no doubt. The next director has a lot to live up too, a lot.If this was in 3D this would shatter the record IMO, not even a question. it's a shame such a tragedy had to happen but just to give some social media insight, despite most people talking about the tragedy, on Facebook people are still amped up to see the movie, so while TDKR's OW will take a hit, it MAY not be as hard as people think it will be. Most posts of people fearful are dilluded by that much more people who denounce "fear mongering" by the media.The tragedy has me sad and unfortunate but try not to let it ruin your experiences (it's hard but not be a jerk, we go on). Enjoy this movie when you can cause it was well worth it.

Edited by jaybox

It's sad and tragic that this weeknd is overshadowed by this awful event. We should be celebrating the triumph of the one of the best trilogies ever made. I don't know when will the news hit the UK audience big time, but it's certainly not tonight. Things are going batshit crazy, we're removing the evening shows of Spidey and adding two additional shows of TDKR. It's already running in 60% of the screens, now it's up to 80%, occupying nearly every screen.

It's not effecting business in the UK at all. My local cinemas have been INSANE all day. This evening there are barely any seats left.

What ugly, bleak news. It really strikes at the heart of what excites all of us -- going to the movies, especially big event movies. In terms of numbers, 27m would be a bit disappointing, but honestly, who can care about box-office at a time like this?My condolences to all the families of those injured or killed.

• Like 1

I loved the film itself. As someone who hadn't been all that wowed by the trailers, I went in with a lot less expectations. Finally we get a great superhero trilogy.

I can see how some people will love or be meh on the film, but i LOVED IT. IMAX Theater was packed, regular theaters were packed, it was a madhouse outside around 3 AM. My expectations were met, i just wanted a solid film to close out Nolans vision of Batman and I got more. Nolan has BALLS and he took risks, and even if at times he came up short, overall this movie made TDK and look Silly in some parts ( i popped in the dark knight after seeing Rises and felt this even more). There's way more at stake, the performances were well done. Hathaway KILLED it. Hardy was badass and Batman/Bruce was the focal point. There is some truth that Begins lovers may enjoy this film more than TDK lovers but this movie connects the two well. Of course the movie isn't perfect and there's flaws but Nolan strived for something more and when people look back they will appreciate this series, no doubt. The next director has a lot to live up too, a lot.

Do you feel that Bane lacked control at all? That's a feeling I can't shake, that he was absent a lot of the time and although this film was on a much huger scale than the others, that Bane overall was less of a ringleader and more of a sideshow, a heavy. I suppose the real puppetmaster was Talia, but still, doesn't explain Bane's long disappearances and my thought that the Joker seemed more in control of his chaos in TDK.

Edited by The aDIM Legacy

It's nothing to do with the film period. Whoever suggest that should be declared insane and sentenced to Crane's Asylum.

Not meaning to sound like I'm taking this situation lightly, but Alfred's line in BB is 100% true in this instance: "It was him. And him alone." Sometimes bad people do bad things. In a free society, it's an unfortunate risk we all have to live with. I can't imagine what those poor families are going through today.
  • Like 2

Do you feel that Bane lacked control at all? That's a feeling I can't shake, that he was absent a lot of the time and although this film was on a much huger scale than the others, that Bane overall was less of a ringleader and more of a sideshow, a heavy. I suppose the real puppetmaster was Talia, but still, doesn't explain Bane's long disappearances and my thought that the Joker seemed more in control of his chaos in TDK.

Nope. lol. After all that he does???? Not in control??!? That's my opinion anyhow. The Clown Prince of Crime commands the screen and overshadows almost everything, Bane is a different kind of animal; pure intelligence and brute strength, i loved it. Edited by jaybox

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Jessica Redfield, a local aspiring sportscaster, was in the foodcourt in Toronto about a month back when a gunman opened fire there, killing two (I think) and injuring many. She tweeted that "every day is precious, don't take it for granted." She was one of the victims in the theater shooting. :(

• Like 1