Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Jessica Redfield, a local aspiring sportscaster, was in the foodcourt in Toronto about a month back when a gunman opened fire there, killing two (I think) and injuring many. She tweeted that "every day is precious, don't take it for granted." She was one of the victims in the theater shooting. :(

What a nightmare.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Jessica Redfield, a local aspiring sportscaster, was in the foodcourt in Toronto about a month back when a gunman opened fire there, killing two (I think) and injuring many. She tweeted that "every day is precious, don't take it for granted." She was one of the victims in the theater shooting. :(

They were talking about her on CNN. Apparently over the past few weeks she had been setting up a charity fund for the wildfires, but wanted to keep her name out of it because she didn't want to make it about her
  • Like 1

Ugh, its like something out of Final Destination.
  • Like 1

Oh man :(

" She was one of the victims in the theater shooting"Jesus Christ...

Crazy that a woman from Denver happened to be in Toronto when that moron opened fire there. Now she happens to be in this theater and loses her life. This makes me very sad.

I really hope the media doesn't blame the tone of this film for the shootings. What that maniac did was completely his own fault and not the movie's.

Oh, it will happen. Someone will at least pose the question. Gotta fill all that air time!

Watching Sky News and they are trying to say he will be remembered as....and I shit you not....'THE BATMAN KILLER' :sadno:

Ridiculous. This guy's getting attention and that's what he wanted. Edited by druv10

Sky news is saying that random bag checks are going to be conducted at the Odeon in Leicester square.In all honesty it was probably just a nutcase choosing a place he knew would be crowded and dark, making it hard for people to escape. There isn't going to be a cinema killing spree and security guards don't need to be deployed in theatres nor do metal detectors.Taking away the guns is the only way to stop there being reports of mass murders every other week in the States but sadly it seems more likely that there will be a call for more people to walk around armed to 'protect themselves'.

From Deadline:

Will Colorado theater shooting prevent you from going to the movies this weekend?

No

69%

Yes

23%

Hmm

8%

Ticket sales here has EXPLODED in the last 6-7 hours.

Its all over the news here too

Taking away the guns is the only way to stop there being reports of mass murders every other week in the States but sadly it seems more likely that there will be a call for more people to walk around armed to 'protect themselves'.

You can't stop crimes by taking away guns, criminals will just find other ways to obtain them. It'll help reduce the rate sure, but it won't stop it.

Just got back from getting 2 tickets for this on Monday at 11:45am.. In the meantime, the theatre I go to is dead for a movie that opens today and it's sad.. It really is and unfrotunate someone would do such a thing.. Christ.. :thinking:

Haven't been keeping up with you lately. Did you go to the 3am show last night with your lady?