Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Didn't TDK do $17m in midnights, and therefore $50m during Friday 4 years ago? I don't see $60m today with far more screenings being unattainable.

Maybe 65?

I think this will be the end of "Dressing Up In Costume" at the movie theater, I think new rules will ban it as many are saying they thought the shooter was just in costume. As for the numbers, 27-30 is solid to me. Remember this wasn't 3D like DH2 but I don't think the OW record will happen especially cause of the shooting.

Edited by filmscholar

Didn't TDK do $17m in midnights, and therefore $50m during Friday 4 years ago? I don't see $60m today with far more screenings being unattainable.

But it just burned 30M worth of demand at midnights, makes 60-65M a lot harder.
  • Like 1

I think this will be the end of "Dressing Up In Costume" at the movie theater, I think new rules will ban it as many are saying they thought the shooter was just in costume. As for the numbers, 27-30 is solid to me. Remember this wasn't 3D like DH2 but I don't think the OW record will happen especially cause of the shooting.

Sad for fans :(

I think this will be the end of "Dressing Up In Costume" at the movie theater, I think new rules will ban it as many are saying they thought the shooter was just in costume.

Or at least a stricter dress code. Seems like the most they'd have to do is outlaw head gear that covers your face. Edited by tribefan695

He apparently burst in through the emergency exit, he wasn't really part of the crowd.

But it just burned 30M worth of demand at midnights, makes 60-65M a lot harder.

Don't necessarily see it that way. Right now the NY theaters are at worst on par with TDK 4 years ago. Regal has sold out through 11pm already. Every show. Its very strong on the WC as well.While it may be harder...it IS doable.

Cowards are good, nice people compared to Roman Polanski. The accusations against him, which he refuses to face, are horrendous and extremely disturbing.

What he did was horrible, and he should have faced the judgement instead of fleeing the country like a pussy. He's a terrible person fo sho, but boy, he can make a movie like a motherfucker

48.6 million and 18.5 million midnights...

Right so....its not a stretch we would see a +$12 million increase given the screen increase. The tragedy is the WC obviously as our thoughts should be with them.But I don't see a 25% increase that difficult given the 4 year wait, TDK being beloved, etc.