Punishment

7/20-22 Weekend Actuals TDKR 160,887,295

Not yet. But still 46% is a very good drop against a movie making $161M this weekend. I would say the impact of the tragedy was minimal in Brave's case.

Absolutely, it's a solid drop. We should remember though that TDKR sold less tickets than TDK, and there wasn't another opener like Mamma Mia (not that connected, but you know, parents have to take kids), so attendance wouldn't be hit as much like it was in 2008 for non-openers? Could be a reach on my part, but yeah

Brave dropped 46% (Same as Wall-E against TDK).If people are claiming this huge 20 to 25% reduction in family attendance due to the tragedy, does it mean Brave would have dropped only about 20% against TDKR this weekend?

I don't remember seeing anyone saying 20% to 25%, but with the glaring drops of Ted and MK, a 10% to 15% overall effect is reasonable to assume. Brave looks like the only movie that escaped a big effect of the shooting.