Punishment

7/20-22 Weekend Actuals TDKR 160,887,295

It's actually smart for WB to wait this long. Now that it is the middle of the day, past most people lunch's breaks, it means less attention on the numbers from the media. I think that's what WB wants whether the numbers are good or bad.Still though, the wait feels extra long, especially considering we didn't get studio estimates this weekend.

Edited by CloneWars

It's actually smart for WB to wait this long. Now that it is the middle of the day, past most people lunch's breaks, it means less attention on the numbers from the media. I think that's what WB wants whether the numbers are good or bad.Still though, the wait feels extra long, especially considering we didn't get studio estimates this weekend.

I agree. The number will be in the 161-162 range but they don't want much attention at this point. They announced noon and they will likely delay it by a couple of hours.

Is there really any reason for WB to fudge here? I mean, a low number is not really going to reflect on the quality or reception of the film... especially in light of everything.

Only reason would be so it doesn't fall below TDK, which would be quite the decrease from estimates.

No pundit is going to 'judge' TDKR's box office this weekend if it came short of their expectations. So I don't know why they're waiting.

Exactly. Even people who don't follow BO will recognize there's an aftereffect not related to the actual film.