CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

This should be fine, but DM3 is going to take the financial repercussions.   I disagree, as long as Universal downplays the minions elements and tries to sell the "Gru is back!" more, I think DM3 will be an equal success. Audiences will be so much more willing to forgive a boring prequel/spinoff.
Downplay the minions? Really?

Well, if the audience reaction to THIS is poor, then I'd say that the trailers will feature the minions but the FOCUS will be on Gru.

Why would the audience reaction be poor? The film has been ouy for a couple of weeks here and everyone loves it. Audiences are not critics you know...

Why would the audience reaction be poor? The film has been ouy for a couple of weeks here and everyone loves it. Audiences are not critics you know...

But Minions already has much weaker reviews on RT.

Minion's 54% vs DM2's 74%.

Where do you live, Tree? Because it seems to be an Ice Age situation: more well-liked globally than in the states. I know you keep saying audiences aren't critics, but it's worth pointing out that Minions had a healthy 77% with UK and Spanish critics before the Americans came in.