CAYOM Year 4 Discussion

Actually Spaghetti that's probably the best thing to come out then since the previous 3 weeks were all male-oriented blockbuster films, so a family/female oriented fantasy musical would be good counter-programming.Though a mid-sized action film coming out then would be good too to fill the weekend out.

Technically Alfred still has until tomorrow morning to release it, since I'm not going to close up Part 1 late at night since I gotta sleep at some point.

Yeah cuz it was a constant horror franchise that got great reviews which is uncommon for a horror series.

Soon.Creator, I've read The Road Home and there seems to be a fundamental error with the chronology. Some events just don't jive with the timeline you've constructed.What I mainly mean is:

The way you set it up, Anne, Parker, and Linda learn that Louis is dead before Louis even dies. This becomes even more bad form at the end when Daniel calls Anne at 2:00 AM, but then it's suddenly 1:00 AM again and Anne is getting the phonecall in bed, even though at 2:00, when she would have learned that news, she's in the treehouse with Linda an hour after she actually learned it before Louis even was known to be dead...you see what I mean. Anne's storyline cannot take place at the same time as the others, physically impossible, yet you set it at that time.

Edited by 4815162342

A picture Impact posted in the Best gif/pic thread showing Waldo and Carmen Sandiego as doomed lovers gave me an idea for a movie.I'll need to think on this.

It actually said on it that it needed to be a film :lol:

Soon.

Creator, I've read The Road Home and there seems to be a fundamental error with the chronology. Some events just don't jive with the timeline you've constructed.

What I mainly mean is:

The way you set it up, Anne, Parker, and Linda learn that Louis is dead before Louis even dies. This becomes even more bad form at the end when Daniel calls Anne at 2:00 AM, but then it's suddenly 1:00 AM again and Anne is getting the phonecall in bed, even though at 2:00, when she would have learned that news, she's in the treehouse with Linda an hour after she actually learned it before Louis even was known to be dead...you see what I mean. Anne's storyline cannot take place at the same time as the others, physically impossible, yet you set it at that time.

No, no, no you're misinterpreting it. Anne, Parker, and Linda learn at 1:00-ish A.M. Central time, which occurs at 2:00 A.M. Eastern time. So Anne's story really takes place from 2:00 A.M. Eastern to 3:00 A.M. Eastern, while everyone else's takes place from 1:00 A.M. Eastern to 2:00 A.M. Eastern. But because Anne is in Chicago (Central time), her events are listed on the 1:00 to 2:00 A.M. time scale also.

So no, Anne's story takes place after everyone else's. The editing makes it seem like it takes place before until you get to that final scene.

No, no, no you're misinterpreting it. Anne, Parker, and Linda learn at 1:00-ish A.M. Central time, which occurs at 2:00 A.M. Eastern time. So Anne's story really takes place from 2:00 A.M. Eastern to 3:00 A.M. Eastern, while everyone else's takes place from 1:00 A.M. Eastern to 2:00 A.M. Eastern. But because Anne is in Chicago (Central time), her events are listed on the 1:00 to 2:00 A.M. time scale also.

So no, Anne's story takes place after everyone else's. The editing makes it seem like it takes place before until you get to that final scene.

Well there is no geography in the film so it is a very easy misconception to make.

The timing and plot still seems off concerning how quickly Parker learns of it and her seemingly going off to identify a body in a completely different time zone in the middle of the night. Louis' body still had his identification, Daniel also IDed the body, there is no reason for Parker to leave her home in the middle of the night to ID a body in a different time zone (so tons of miles away). So Anne's storyline only makes sense still if either they live literally a few miles from the time zone change (which they don't since they're in Chicago as you said) or they learned about it midday and not in the middle of the night.

Edited by 4815162342

Well there is no geography in the film so it is a very easy misconception to make.The timing and pot still seems off concerning how quickly Parker learns of it and her seemingly going off to identify a body in a completely different time zone in the middle of the night. Louis' body still had his identification, Daniel also IDed the body, there is no reason for Parker to leave her home in the middle of the night to ID a body in a different time zone (so tons of miles away).

I'm pretty certain I mentioned Chicago a couple times (it's not until around the time Anne meets the two black boys, but they call it one of Chicago's white hoods where she's at) and Connecticut a couple times (when Daniel's wife is speeding out of the sleepy little town, she passes a sign that names the town as some small town (perhaps made up, I never gave it a name) that says it's in Connecticut.). I'm positive of both of those being mentioned.Parker is just going to get her character out of the picture and give Anne a reason to look after her granddaughter Linda. It might be a bit far-fetched, but imo, it's the only really far-fetched thing in the film, and it doesn't detract from the story. Yes, she does learn pretty quickly (which may kind of not fit with the timeline, I admit), but all that happened between the end of Daniel's story (at 1:59 A.M. Eastern (12:59 A.M. Central)) and the first time Parker and Anne talk on the phone (5 minutes later) is this: Daniel had called Anne to tell her, and then he called Parker (but we don't ever see him call Parker), and Parker believes him enough to speak to Anne about it and ask her to look out for Linda while Parker can go collect her husband's body.

I don't recall you ever mentioning locations but I'll take your word for it.As for the timing...eh it's just a bit too convenient to start off the Anne storyline for Parker to suddenly turn irresponsible and braindead about travel/childcare/etc. Other than that there aren't any problems with the film.On a side note, apparently when I use Safari I can now see the spoiler-tagged plots that I couldn't see before.

The locations are only ever mentioned subtlely, and because there's a lot of words there you may overlook it. Chicago is mentioned by name only once or twice and Connecticut 1-3 times, and all toward later middle to end of the film. So it may be easy to miss them. I didn't want to come out and say it directly, so that the viewer could piece it together if necessary. I apologize for any misunderstanding it may cause though and hope that that doesn't affect people's opinions.

For some horrendously odd reason I have put Brad Pitt in brackets when saying Andy in the plot for Never Say Goodbye when the actor that plays him is Leo Dicaprio (as stated in the cast list & other places in brackets).The thread is now locked so I can't edit that...really sorry for how unprofessional that is LOL

Just finished mapping out my Malick film, it's highly ambitious, and has a huge cast, mostly with small roles. I short it's a convoluted mess, but it's Malick through and through. I'm tempted to use the table, water VO + imagery shot from To the Wonder tho. :lol: