CAYOM Year 4 Discussion

I'd do that if Bird was British. :P I'm still sticking by the usual director of Bond being British. Bird will be directing an Oscar Bait movie in Year 5, anyway, more like Ratatouille than any of his live-action movies.Although, a real Bird Bond movie would get me there at day -1.

Please make it Nolan..... Please, Please, Please. That'd make one hell of a Bond film. ^_^

Next year (Year 5) is going to be a lot easier writing-wise for me. I have 2 planned major films already written since they are carry-overs from CAYOM 1.0, though one of them needs to be severely edited down in length (My Dragon Age sequel) and the other needs to be expanded a little bit (The Shark Mutiny). My other planned blockbuster should be easy to write since it's a game I know the plot/characters to by heart (The Starcraft sequel I am taking over from SilverShark). I haven't decided on what else I will be working on yet, though they'll be original projects for sure. I have some scattered ideas floating around that I need to put some more outlining into to see what promise they have.

My big films each year are usually an OC and an animated film. I'll have Psychonauts and Finality for Y5.For Y6, I'll do a different animated adaption of Romeo & Juliet (This time, it won't suck) and The Boy In The Watchtower, a sci-fi drama about a man forced away from his only job for his entire life, now able to truly live.

A PG-13 COD would be insanely neutered and would enrage fans all over the world. The ceiling for the film is 325 mil IMO, though I expect in the realm of 280-290 mil.

Hey, I'm not saying COD would be good as a PG-13 movie, and you're right, it'd probably do worse. Still, there's only been one $300M+ R-rated movie ever. I'm expecting about that range too for COD. One of the few movies I've actually read so far. :P

I'm aware that the limit for R-rated movies, barring extreme circumstances, taps out around 300 million. That said, one good thing about this game is that we can eventually diverge a bit from reality and establish new box office rules.For example, there were a few 400+ mil R-rated films in the original CAYOM. The only one I remember for certain was Hunch's The Phyrexian Wars in Year 24 (though that was the finale to a very well-liked trilogy and it got huge Oscar reception which gave its final total a boost).

Edited by 4815162342

I'm aware that the limit for R-rated movies, barring extreme circumstances, taps out around 300 million. That said, one good thing about this game is that we can eventually diverge a bit from reality and establish new box office rules.For example, there were a few 400+ mil R-rated films in the original CAYOM. The only one I remember for certain was Hunch's The Phyrexian Wars in Year 24 (though that was the finale to a very well-liked trilogy and it got huge Oscar reception which gave its final total a boost).

Interesting... Knowing this, probably I'll make more R-rated movies than this year, since I was avoiding big-budget ones for B.O. reasons.Also, posted my Bond film, so I am completely done with Year 4 films. :D

I have never went for the big grosses, maybe I will change that once I kick off a profitable franchise, was hoping good numbers for Planeswalkers, but it didn't happen. Having said that nearly all of my films were profitable with quite a few 100m hitters. Might do a comic for Y5.

I'm also considering an InFamous film for Y5.

*looks at plans for Y5, sees inFamous in my own.* ... I'll change it to something else since I do have most DC heroes. :P If we are talking about Y5 plans, I, of course, have the DC movies. My OC plan is a Clark Gable biopic directed by Brad Bird, and I have an original sci-fi/psychological action movie planned for July. Although, I'm sure you're all looking forward to Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson 3. ;) Edited by Blankments