Punishment

Wed (8/1/12) Numbers: TDKR $7.330, IA4 $2.16m, Watch $1.46m

sothurs - 7mfri - 18msat - 25sun - 2063m third weekend.this should have no problem crossing 500m

Yeahhhh, none of that makes sense...but I doubt you're being serious. I'll sign for a $35m weekend right now and anything over is gravy.

I posted this question on Monday:Question for you box office geniuses. I am taking my daughters to a drive in theatre sometime in the next 10 days and for 6 bucks a person (4 bucks for children), I get a double feature of Ice Age 4 and TDKR. Just park my truck and tune in. Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies? Is it up to the theatre?Second question. I'm also taking my daugthers to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas this weekend which is basically a huge educational playground. There's an aquarium, museum, rainforest replica, water park and apparently, the largest IMAX screen in Texas. There's a package for 50 bucks a person that allows entrance to all these attractions and more which includes an evening showing of TDKR. Again, similar question. How does the money get distributed to TDKR?Just curiousity type questions to increase my BO knowledge, I guess.Not sure if people thought it was a stupid question, and it likely is, but still curious about how this works.

Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies?

Historically the total sum just goes to both movies, although the examples I've seen are all where two movies are from the same studio.
  • Like 1