Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

Yea, I notice a lot of people here just seem to follow what a critic says about a movie. Why not see it for yourself and then decide if it's any good.

Don't forget, Total Recall is playing in 15% less theaters (over 600 less than Dark Knight Rises).

Total Recall could have the chance to really win the Friday numbers...

But Dark Knight Rises should win the overall weekend numbers...

Wouldn't that give TDKR the edge though? If they're "neck and neck" in certain theaters then wouldn't TDKR get the nod because it is more saturated?

Total Recall looks like fun. Won't come close to the original, tho.

The original was great. One of those classic action movies that defined the 80s and 90s. I have no desire to pay to see something that was already done.... and done better.

Yea, I notice a lot of people here just seem to follow what a critic says about a movie. Why not see it for yourself and then decide if it's any good.

Because I already have a cable package with almost every movie channel in existence (I even have EPIX). So I can wait for cable for most movies. Only movies that I think are special get my money.

Because I already have a cable package with almost every movie channel in existence (I even have EPIX). So I can wait for cable for most movies. Only movies that I think are special get my money.

And that's fine but I don't see you ripping a lot of movies before you see them. :)

I heard from a neighbor of mine when she saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 today (very crowded), she liked it. Then as she and her children were getting out of the theater, she heard Total Recall was fun and her children wanted to see it next with some friends.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11