Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

Poor tribefan, I know how it feels when a movie you've been committed to supporting fails on such a massive level (The Last Airbender).

Could've been worse. At least my film wasn't a complete bomb on a critical level as well. The rabid cult following it's managed to attract is frankly impressive. Edited by tribefan695

I think it will get a B or so. I doubt audience reaction is nearly as bad as critical. It looks too inoffensive just from the previews to get a scathing response.

Unless people hold the original in high esteem, some do, but I doubt young 20 year olds do, I suspect you're right. But a 'B' cinemascore isn't too much to write home about.

Between the Olympics and Total Recall, I know what my entertainment choice would be this weekend

I always get sooooooo bored of the Olympics by this point and am usually completely done with them. Honestly how many times can you watch someone swim or flip on a bar?
  • Like 2

I guess I just find most of the Olympic events to be painfully boring to watch. I mean track and field? Sorry but no way am I gonna plop myself in front of the TV just to sit there and watch people run. Go USA though! :P

To each their own, I guess, but watching the Ethiopians and Kenyans embarrass everyone else in the 10,000m today was pretty fun to watch.