Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

More reactionsJust saw the new Total Recall, there was only 3 things I liked about that movie...50 seconds ago#total recall was totally kickass2 minutes agoJust saw total recall, it wasnt bad at all didnt beat the original though3 minutes agoTotal Recall was like a combination of the Bourne movies & Inception. I liked it.3 minutes agoTotal Recall wasn't bad... It's just not a movies that's recommended to watch if theres better movies outTotal Recall was 3-|33 seconds agoTotal recall sucked, I advise no to see it..37 seconds agoTotal Recall: okay. Lots of action and stuff. Yeah.1 minute agoJust watched total recall amazing movie loved it1 minute agoOmg total recall was the 2nd best movie EVER!!!! After Ted lol.Total Recall Was A Good Movie !1 minute ago

• Like 1

This is looking to be an interesting one to keep an eye on.Quite a few were so ready to just buy into the bullshit critics who scored it low but WOM, overall is decent. Even the negative comments are mostly tempered. Thing like "meh", "doesn't beat the orig" So far I've yet to see "just horrible" or "waste of time".

This is looking to be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Quite a few were so ready to just buy into the bullshit critics who scored it low but WOM, overall is decent.

Even the negative comments are mostly tempered. Thing like "meh", "doesn't beat the orig"

So far I've yet to see "just horrible" or "waste of time".

I love me some conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.

This is looking to be an interesting one to keep an eye on.Quite a few were so ready to just buy into the bullshit critics who scored it low but WOM, overall is decent. Even the negative comments are mostly tempered. Thing like "meh", "doesn't beat the orig" So far I've yet to see "just horrible" or "waste of time".

@MoviefreakSara Saw Total Recall tonight. That is two hours I aint getting backTotal Recall was forgettable at best.39 seconds agoTotal Recall = expensive ass nap.. #trash1 minute agoThis is all on first page of twitter search
  • Like 1

TDKR (4,242 theaters) will gross $10M Friday and $34M for the weekend. PG-13 Total Recall (3,601 theaters) will gross $9.4M Friday and $26M for the weekend.

Nikki updated
  • Like 1

‘Total Recall’ Trounced By ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Which Is #1 For 3rd Straight Weekend; ‘Wimpy Kid 3′ So-So

Right now it looks like the PG-13 rated TDKR (4,242 theaters) will gross $10M Friday and $34M for the weekend. PG-13 Total Recall (3,601 theaters) will gross $9.4M Friday and $26M for the weekend. Finally this is the first time any installment of the successful Wimpy Kid franchise isn’t opening in March. And while the original and sequels scored $22.1M and $23.7M respectively, Fox’s PG Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days (3,392 theaters) is opening for about $6M Friday and only $17M for the weekend. More later.

• Like 2

‘Total Recall’ Trounced By ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Which Is #1 For 3rd Straight Weekend; ‘Wimpy Kid 3′ So-So

Right now it looks like the PG-13 rated TDKR (4,242 theaters) will gross $10M Friday and $34M for the weekend. PG-13 Total Recall (3,601 theaters) will gross $9.4M Friday and $26M for the weekend. Finally this is the first time any installment of the successful Wimpy Kid franchise isn’t opening in March. And while the original and sequels scored $22.1M and $23.7M respectively, Fox’s PG Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days (3,392 theaters) is opening for about $6M Friday and only $17M for the weekend. More later.

But but but.....total recall was so awesome according to twitter
  • Like 2

But but but.....total recall was so awesome according to twitter

There is reason why smart box office people kept bringing up A Team and Battleship as comparisons. :rofl:

Paging Movieman .. he blew his load early.

TR will win Friday. I knew that all along. I think TDKR will still barely win the weekend since TR should slightly drop tomorrow, but dammit I will be so pissed if TR pulls the upset since I'm like the only one who had it winning in the BSG this week, but I changed it last minute. :unsure:

HAHAHAHA,I haven't even seen the movie (or the original) nor do I particularly care if and when I do so epic fail at that fanboy label! :lol: I simply had reasonable box office expectations for it when most people around here were throwing around ludicrous numbers. And for the record TR's budget is 120m not the ridiculous $200m that was initially rumored. With a 30m+ OW DOM and OS it will at least break even.

You obviously didn't see the ridiculous predictions being thrown around here this past week for it did you? People were sub 15m. I told everyone it would do 30-35m OW but most didn't wanna listen. And I can't at JackO having the nerve to like that post! After he's falling flat on his face with his 10/21 prediction. :rotfl:

• Like 1