Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

Friday and Saturday increases were very similar to TDK, which dropped 25.8% on Sunday.

It looks like WB are basing their projection based off how TDKR did last weekend. If the 20% drop holds, then it would have basically mirrored last weekends Sat/Sun % trends. That makes a little more sense than comparing it to its 4 year old counterpart IMO.

I'm expecting the domestic actual to be $1m lower for Sunday and the weekend. TDK increased 35% on Saturday, TDKR increased 40% on Saturday, and DMC increased 46% on Saturday. TDK dropped around 26% on Sunday and DMC dropped 28%. If TDKR is between those drops, we're looking at -27% for a $10.6m Sunday and $35.4m weekend.

What is DMC?Not to derail the discussion, but does anyone else get a little annoyed with all the initialisms people use, and having to actually pause and think about what it is that they are referring to, or even worse having to scroll through a list of films to remind yourself? Come on guys, is it that much work to type out the name of the film?

What is DMC?Not to derail the discussion, but does anyone else get a little annoyed with all the initialisms people use, and having to actually pause and think about what it is that they are referring to, or even worse having to scroll through a list of films to remind yourself? Come on guys, is it that much work to type out the name of the film?

Dead Man's Chest.

Great hold for TDKR. At least there is a sign that it will get some of the business that it lost over it's first two weeks. Expected bomb of Total Rekall. It might not even match Battleship domestic total gross with Expendables and Bourne coming. Poor Wimpy Kid bombed. that was pretty much the only family film that stood any chance of doing decent business this month. ParaNorman is gonna clean up shop this month. My HSX portfolio hurts a bit.

Overseas estimate for TDKR is $378.4 million. Fake pretty much nailed it with his $380m prediction, especially since overseas Sunday estimates tend to be lowballed. Last weekend, they said $248.2m and the actual was $252m.

Posted Image

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Do we think it'll end up available in China?

Currently scheduled for an August 27th release date. Spidey is scheduled for August 28th. Terrible scheduling by the Chinese government. Neither film will reach its full potential because of government interference with the marketplace.

I'm new here, it took me a good week to get some of them.THG = The Hunger GamesDMC = Dead Mans ChestTDKR = The Dark Knight RisesTH1 = The Hoppit Part 1TPM = The Phantom MenaceTDK = The Dark KnightTASM = The Amazing SpidermanSM3 = Spider-Man 3TA = The AvengersTBL = The Bourne LegacyROTK = Return of The KingDH2: Deathly Hollows Part 2 (Harry Potter)Those are the most popular at the moment I think. Edited by EaZze

I'm new here, it took me a good week to get some of them.THG = The Hunger GamesDMC = Dead Mans ChestTDKR = The Dark Knight RisesTH1 = The Hoppit Part 1TPM = The Phantom MenaceTDK = The Dark KnightTASM = The Amazing SpidermanSM3 = Spider-Man 3TA = The AvengersTBL = The Bourne LegacyROTK = Return of The KingDH2: Deathly Hollows Part 2 (Harry Potter)Those are the most popular at the momen I think.

You gotta add the new bomb TC = Total Recalland you might also readfind T1 , T2, T3 = It's not Terminator, it's Transformers :D

You gotta add the new bomb TC = Total Recalland you might also readfind T1 , T2, T3 = It's not Terminator, it's Transformers :D

lol, all those are wrong. TR = Total Recall and the Transformer movies are TF.
  • Like 1