Jack Nevada

Scariest Movie Scenes

Great topic.I'll get on this later today for sure. For starters, the Mike in the corner scene from BWPThe bouncing ball scene in The Changeling 1981Samara coming out of the TV in the RingJason not being dead after being hung by Chris in part IIIJAWS first coming out of the water when Brody says we;re going to need a bigger boat.

It really is one of the most surprising movie scenes I've seen. I was laughing after being scared shitless, thinking "now thats some great horror filmmaking"

The best thing about that scene is it was added in post production. Spielberg and Verna Fields, the editor, were at her house and Spielberg didn't like how the scene turned out. So he had the head made, got into her swimming pool, and filmed the scene. And it was one of the best in the film.

The part in Alien where Tom Skerrit is climbing around in the air ducts.

The deleted scene in Alien where Dallas and Brett are being secreted into eggs was even freakier IMO.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5MtzrW1vUInfinitely more compelling than James Cameron's space ants. Apparently this scene was cut because it disrupted the pacing of the last 20 minutes of the film.
  • Like 1

The scene in Halloween where Dr. Loomis arrives at the mental hospital...The scene in Seven where Somerset and Mills find the sloth victim...The scene in Aliens where everyone is barricaded in the lab watching the motion detector...The scene in First Contact where the Borg implant pops out of Picard's face...And lots more that I can't think of at the moment.

• Like 1