filmnerdjamie

Tuesday (8/21/12) Numbers

I too think thr studio will be happy with Bournes #. Like star trek its launching a diferrent world and its heading ing north of 100 so thats decent enough.

Is it really heading north of 100? I think it will fall a little short. Either way it will finish well below the first Bourne movie, and considering there has been 10 years of inflation... how is this not disappointing?

TBL is doing alright, don't think the studio will be disappointed with its numbers, considering it's headed by a new character and an actor that's just gaining general populace recognition. I read somewhere that they were looking to benchmark the movie with The Bourne Identity and not expecting Supremacy or Ultimatum numbers. I suppose that's because just like Identity was the first of the Jason Bourne movies, Legacy is (likely) the first of the Aaron Cross movies. Add to that the fact that reviews have been less than stellar and I think it's having a reasonable run all things considered.

I hope your right about them benchmarking against Identity. In many ways it makes sense since its almost like a start of a new trilogy. But considering the success of Supremacy and Ultimatum as well as Bourne as a a brand, I think they were looking for something more. I was thinking somewhere between Identity and Supremacy for a final number. Right now, Legacy will need some better holds to match Identity.

TBL is doing alright, don't think the studio will be disappointed with its numbers, considering it's headed by a new character and an actor that's just gaining general populace recognition. I read somewhere that they were looking to benchmark the movie with The Bourne Identity and not expecting Supremacy or Ultimatum numbers. I suppose that's because just like Identity was the first of the Jason Bourne movies, Legacy is (likely) the first of the Aaron Cross movies. Add to that the fact that reviews have been less than stellar and I think it's having a reasonable run all things considered.

Was that Identity adjusted for inflation or no?

I hope your right about them benchmarking against Identity. In many ways it makes sense since its almost like a start of a new trilogy. But considering the success of Supremacy and Ultimatum as well as Bourne as a a brand, I think they were looking for something more. I was thinking somewhere between Identity and Supremacy for a final number. Right now, Legacy will need some better holds to match Identity.

Considering the $125m budget I find it hard to believe they will be happy with less. Safe House made that much on less budget.

Hopefully TDKR stays above 1M tomorrow. I fear the worse :(

Why do you fear for the worst? No chance and I mean no chance in hell it drops over 33.3%, that's what is needed for it to drop below 1M on Wednesday. TDKR will comfortaby stay above 1M through Sunday.Congrats to TDKR for hitting 900M WW and with Prometheus moving, it has a shot at 1.1B WW. Great achievement for this franchise. :bravo:
  • Like 3

Why do you fear for the worst? No chance and I mean no chance in hell it drops over 33.3%, that's what is needed for it to drop below 1M on Wednesday. TDKR will comfortaby stay above 1M through Sunday.Congrats to TDKR for hitting 900M WW and with Prometheus moving, it has a shot at 1.1B WW. Great achievement for this franchise. :bravo:

I think next Tuesday may also gross 1M
  • Like 1