Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

The list is about as bad as I expected, but I have more problems with the rankings rather than the movies

Just imagine if I had sent my list. Nolan and Pixar are pretty much all my top 15. And DH2 would have definitly entered in the top 100. That and Sixth Sense/Up.I didn't do it because my knowledge of movies before 2000 is pretty much nothing outside of a few exceptions. Edited by CJohn

Lol i didn't even know this was going on, but for what its worth, here are my top 10.1. Bladerunner2. The Matrix3. Alien4. The Departed5. Gladiator6. Heat7. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009 version).8. Terminator 29. The Shawshank Redemption10. 2001: A Space Odyssey

• Like 1

I'm laughing out loud at the seething anger in this thread. I love it. I'll post the point totals for some movies people have been asking about.For the record, I would be interested in doing this again, but we should probably wait a year, or at least several months.

• Like 8

Thanks so much for putting this together Sims. I'd like to extend an invitation to you to be on my committee for the next project. You did a fantastic putting this all together. If you accept, I'll get you the details next week sometime.Also, could you tell me if anyone else had films like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Tombstone in their top 100?Thanks

I'm laughing out loud at the seething anger in this thread. I love it. I'll post the point totals for some movies people have been asking about.For the record, I would be interested in doing this again, but we should probably wait a year, or at least several months.

Agreed. I'm interested in doing these things. I missed out on the Box Office Summer =/

1 year sounds right. That would tell us what movies people truly love and which ones are just fresh/easy to remember on people's minds. Edited by CJohn

Thanks so much for putting this together Sims. I'd like to extend an invitation to you to be on my committee for the next project. You did a fantastic putting this all together. If you accept, I'll get you the details next week sometime.Also, could you tell me if anyone else had films like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Tombstone in their top 100?Thanks

Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74 was on five people's lists and got 210 points (#132). Tombstone was on two(?) lists and got 74 points.FWIW I love Pulp Fiction and it's in my Top 10, so its #1 was far from the most egregious offense for me.EDIT: Oops, forgot to say I'd love to be on whatever committee you're planning! Edited by Sims

Texas Chainsaw Massacre '78 was on five people's lists and got 210 points (#132). Tombstone was on two(?) lists and got 74 points.FWIW I love Pulp Fiction and it's in my Top 10, so its #1 was far from the most egregious offense for me.

You mean TCM 74?And how about my invitation to be on the committee for the next project? Accept, decline or think it over?