CoolioD1

Golden Globes 2012 thread (nominations in first post)

Some thoughts:-Hooper's snub is a big deal. I'd say Les Mis' chances of a BP Oscar win went down from 25% to ~15% based on that alone.-Samantha Barks and Eddie Redmayne are officially not happening.-Beasts of the Southern Wild's total shutout is a travesty. Still holding out hope for Score, Actress, and Picture. Got to say I finally have to let Henry go, even if he is probably going to be the deserving winner.-Django did very well. I honestly think both Waltz and DiCaprio can make it in.-Ann Dowd is officially not happening. Nicole Kidman looks like it's a thing, hilariously.-Robert De Niro's snub is shocking. I'm still very confident he'll be nominated, but any outside chance of a win is gone.

I love Melissa McCarthy ever since Gilmore Girls so I was so happy when became a Hollywood IT girl ;) I never expected that :DParaNorman snub might be due to box office I guess since Hotel Transylvania is the most successful one and they already have box office dud Frankenweenie on the nominations set.

Is Boardwalk Empire any good? I finally have HBO, so I'm trying to decide what to binge on there. Already done with Girls ssn 1 (LOVE).I really wanna see the Paperboy even though it got pretty meh reviews, if only for Kidman's performance.

Is Boardwalk Empire any good? I finally have HBO, so I'm trying to decide what to binge on there. Already done with Girls ssn 1 (LOVE).I really wanna see the Paperboy even though it got pretty meh reviews, if only for Kidman's performance.

If you can get through the slow first season it gets really good in the second and great in the third. Bobby carnavale plays a great villain in the third season

Blackwater aside, I didn't really like Game of Thrones this season. Newsroom is a stupid stupid stupid show that I can't stop watching. Mad Men had its best season yet- on par with Louie and Breaking Bad this year.

I actually thought Mad Men was better than Breaking Bad this year. Those 8 episodes should've been a regular 13 episode season IMO. They rushed through some stuff and really cut corners.

Alan Arkin is probably the worst Oscar winner of past decade with Little Miss Sunshine. He shouldn't even have been nominated. Every other actor in the movie is better than him, including Steve Carrell.

Steve Carell was for me the best one in the movie. Too bad he was ignored there.

I like Arkin but yeah his performance in Argo is not that remarkable but his delivery of Argo fuck yourself! made him a scene stealer so that's why he is getting these notices